Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: .22 LR Host / Suppressor Combo

They were sold by a seller on Form 1 Suppressor Boards… looking for it, seems the forum was removed by the forum host.

Checked the size chart and note that the seller included with storage/use tips… no name or contact info. I also checked a few of the payment apps that I’ve used, and cannot find anything that has something related to it.

Sad, being the guy really did a nice job. Confirmed straightness, beveled the edges and added color so they are identified easily. The rods were awesome quality, especially for the price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    They were sold by a seller on Form 1 Suppressor Boards… looking for it, seems the forum was removed by the forum host.

Checked the size chart and note that the seller included with storage/use tips… no name or contact info. I also checked a few of the payment apps that I’ve used, and cannot find anything that has something related to it.

Sad, being the guy really did a nice job. Confirmed straightness, beveled the edges and added color so they are identified easily. The rods were awesome quality, especially for the price.
    Well (and legitimately) - thanks for trying.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I see that the Energetic Armament Nyx Mod 2 is available in either a bead blasted bare titanium or black cerakote. Is there any advantage to getting the cerakote? Does it do anything to protect the suppressor? I only have experience with cerakote on handgun slides and I found it wore easily.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I see that the Energetic Armament Nyx Mod 2 is available in either a bead blasted bare titanium or black cerakote. Is there any advantage to getting the cerakote? Does it do anything to protect the suppressor? I only have experience with cerakote on handgun slides and I found it wore easily.
    I haven’t had time to substantiate this concern I’m about cite (I’ve started/stopped several times). But I don’t know how cerakote holds up to Ultrasonic cleaners.

I’ve started and stopped looking twice over the last day or so then I get distracted by work.

Cerakote seems to be heavily used as a finish on silencers due to its resiliency to heat.

https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-mask-22-hd.html

Also, to you the internet viewer. How are you guys cleaning your suppressor tubes and end caps?

Every video I’ve seen hasn’t cleaned the end caps of dead air mask or talked about the tube. But it does look like the tube and end caps are dirty? The Baffle stack is unfinished and SS the tube and end caps have either finish or aren’t steel.

A shotgun bore brush seems to be agreeable to clean the tube. But! That’s the registered component!

School me P-Forum! I know one of you has my answers!

Todd Magee brought up ultrasonic cleaners eroding sharp corners (which is interesting) and recommended against putting the tube in an ultrasonic cleaner for that reason.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I haven’t had time to substantiate this concern I’m about cite (I’ve started/stopped several times). But I don’t know how cerakote holds up to Ultrasonic cleaners.

I’ve started and stopped looking twice over the last day or so then I get distracted by work.

Cerakote seems to be heavily used as a finish on silencers due to its resiliency to heat.

https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-mask-22-hd.html

Also, to you the internet viewer. How are you guys cleaning your suppressor tubes and end caps?

Every video I’ve seen hasn’t cleaned the end caps of dead air mask or talked about the tube. But it does look like the tube and end caps are dirty? The Baffle stack is unfinished and SS the tube and end caps have either finish or aren’t steel.

A shotgun bore brush seems to be agreeable to clean the tube. But! That’s the registered component!

School me P-Forum! I know one of you has my answers!

Todd Magee brought up ultrasonic cleaners eroding sharp corners (which is interesting) and recommended against putting the tube in an ultrasonic cleaner for that reason.
    https://youtu.be/fT07odW0Re4

1:00+ in the video.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Cleaning rod and flash light method worked.

I could see the suppressor with a flashlight from the bore, but I put a cleaning rod through it and it all looked good.

She’s quiet! The 22/45 Mkiv and dead air are awesome! She’s in NFA jail. I shot about 150-200 rounds through the combo today.

I’ve got a box of 500 rounds of .22 LR that once I’ve shot that through the mask I’m not shooting it anymore.

Form went in on 11/30 - it’s probably best just to forget about the gun now.

Giving it to a new shooter today - I found it really instrumental because it helps isolate to the fundamentals and also .22 LR is cheap. I figure this will give years (probably decades) of enjoyment. I need to drift the sights over a little bit more and they’ll be 100% on and I need to get a red dot on it.

I love it! If I had an easy way to upload images I would. I will later. I am very pleased with how this has turned out thus far.

I just need a dowel rod, Ultrasonic cleaner, red dot, and mount and that should be it.

I will say I knew suppressed hosts got dirtier faster - that MKIV is very dirty. I am extremely glad I went forward with the easy to break down and clean MKIV 22/45.

Now just to forget I bought it.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    I believe I have found the solution for the tube and end caps.

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/produ...-12-gauge.html

12 Gauge mop and carbon solvent for the suppressor tube. The Mask is a titanium tube and very neutral to chemicals per Maggee’s input. I’m going to go the solvent on the tube versus mechanical scrubbing given it’s the registered component in a silencer and scraping will be spotty.

I’ll find out what the end caps are via support. I figured carbon cleaner on the tube / end caps and 12 gauge mop and then oil lightly, wooden dowel to push the baffles, and then ultrasonic cleaner for the baffles.

We’ll see how it goes, but that seems to be the best option.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Page 4 - first sentence.

The Mask is ruggedly constructed and machined from a combination of titanium, steel, and aluminum.
    https://eadn-wc05-5115304.nxedge.io/...-Manual-v2.pdf

17-4 Stainless Steel Baffles, Titanium 3Al-2.5V Grade 9 Tube
    https://deadairsilencers.com/silencers/mask-hd/

I haven’t seen it written. But I bet the endcaps are aluminum. Where else would it be?

Or their documentation is wrong.

Only one way to find out. Support email here I come.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Page 4 - first sentence.

https://eadn-wc05-5115304.nxedge.io/...-Manual-v2.pdf

https://deadairsilencers.com/silencers/mask-hd/

I haven’t seen it written. But I bet the endcaps are aluminum. Where else would it be?

Or their documentation is wrong.

Only one way to find out. Support email here I come.
    Confirmed with support - end caps are stainless steel. It appears aluminum is not present in the device. ETA: Which indicates the manual is wrong, etc.

But they said to use solvent on end caps and not ultrasonic. Which is what I planned anyway, but nice to know.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I would like to thank @Screwball for the inspiration. This thing is stupid quiet. Blazer 40gr is going 900fps, CCISV is 815fps, and S&B Club 40gr is 775fps.

Name:  20230511_194532.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  46.1 KB
    Name:  20230511_194258.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  38.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List