Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul's latest new stuff - pouches, MBUS3 sights, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I waited literal years for them to make another run of Ruger American stocks. C'est la vie.
    What is your opinion on the Magpul Ruger stock? I’ve been thinking about it, but imagine it would add more weight than I want

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    At the time Satan, I mean Savage, was the only company making bolt rifles with iron sights that a mere mortal could afford.

Chris
    Who else is making them now?

I’m specifically looking for something where I don’t have to remove the sight to mount the optic (understanding that the sights won’t be useable with the optic mounted).
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Maybe they say somewhere I can’t find but, same plane?
    https://magpul.com/mbus-3-sight-rear.html
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Who else is making them now?

I’m specifically looking for something where I don’t have to remove the sight to mount the optic (understanding that the sights won’t be useable with the optic mounted).
    These days, I don't know. My point was at the time I was shopping, they were the only game in town if you wanted an affordable bolt rifle with iron sights (this is their Hog Hunter model, btw). CZ may (and possibly still do) have one in their dangerous game guns, but those were out of my budget and in larger calibers than I wanted.

The Savage was also threaded for suppressors and came with suppressor-height sights. As the rear sight is on the barrel, you don't have to remove it to mount an optic. I hated the rear sight and installed a receiver-mounted peep.

Funny thing is, while sights were a big deal when I bought the rifle, my eyes have degraded enough in the meantime that I've removed them and installed a scope.

ETA: Just checked CZ's site and the only centerfire rifle with sights is the CZ600 Lux, which is hideous, not threaded, and more than twice the price I paid for my Savage.
    Winchester has a few models, but not in 308win (another requirement) and none that are threaded.

Forgot...The Ruger Gunsite Scout was another option at the time, but I didn't like how it fit me. Price was a factor, but not an insurmountable one. Still, when I came across the Savage for under $350, it was hard to turn down...

Chris
    Last edited by mtnbkr; 10-27-2022 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Maybe they say somewhere I can’t find but, same plane?
    https://magpul.com/mbus-3-sight-rear.html
    This should be enough for you to start measuring stuff and answer it for us

Center of aperture to top of rail: 1.41 in.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I waited literal years for them to make another run of Ruger American stocks. C'est la vie.
    I'm pretty sure that God used to hate Ruger, too
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    What is your opinion on the Magpul Ruger stock? I’ve been thinking about it, but imagine it would add more weight than I want
    I just put it on and haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but it's definitely heavier than the factory option. I do prefer the grip angle though, and the ability to shorten up the LOP.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Name:  attachment.php?attachmentid=96175&d=1666796170.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  33.7 KB
    Look! New makeup bags! *swoon*
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Look! New makeup bags! *swoon*
    This caught my eye also, been looking for something to stow my G19X w/ TLR-7A setup. Been wanting something along those lines since the first DAKA pouches rolled off the line.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Forgot...The Ruger Gunsite Scout was another option at the time
    that's the one taht (IIRC) has to remove the iron sight to mount the optic.

User Tag List