Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Smith & Wesson missed opportunities

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you use for carrying spare moon clips? I've yet to find a satisfactory solution, but I'm always looking, just in case.
    My disability problems keep me from carrying on the belt so I have a Maxpidition "Good to Go" shoulder bag with a dandy gun pocket. There's also a zippered pouch on one side that i use to carry the 7-shot Moonclips. I bought a long replacement center for the Moonclip holders the gamesman use in IROC and USPSA competition. I screwed a couple washers on the bottom that keep it upright in the pouch and have two Moonclips stacked on this homemade holder. Not blazing fast (or even close) but I'm not one of those folks who thinks I need 52 rounds of 9mm on me and a sub-five second reload. At my age and condition, if I haven't solved my problem in 7 rounds I'll be dead or dying anyway. The back up Moonclips are for if I happened to be under cover and want a full revolver before things commence again...or to have a loaded weapon while I wait for the Calvary to arrive.

Dave

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    My disability problems keep me from carrying on the belt so I have a Maxpidition "Good to Go" shoulder bag with a dandy gun pocket. There's also a zippered pouch on one side that i use to carry the 7-shot Moonclips. I bought a long replacement center for the Moonclip holders the gamesman use in IROC and USPSA competition. I screwed a couple washers on the bottom that keep it upright in the pouch and have two Moonclips stacked on this homemade holder. Not blazing fast (or even close) but I'm not one of those folks who thinks I need 52 rounds of 9mm on me and a sub-five second reload. At my age and condition, if I haven't solved my problem in 7 rounds I'll be dead or dying anyway. The back up Moonclips are for if I happened to be under cover and want a full revolver before things commence again...or to have a loaded weapon while I wait for the Calvary to arrive.

Dave
    This all seems very well thought out.

(I definitely agree that a reload…especially a revolver reload…is mostly to avoid suffering the indignity of being caught with a half empty gun by the folks who show up to take a report. )
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

This all seems very well thought out.

(I definitely agree that a reload…especially a revolver reload…is mostly to avoid suffering the indignity of being caught with a half empty gun by the folks who show up to take a report. )
    How do you carry the revolver? I've found that while carrying aiwb that a safariland cd2 flipped iwb at 12oclock carries very well.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    How do you carry the revolver? I've found that while carrying aiwb that a safariland cd2 flipped iwb at 12oclock carries very well.
    I was mostly asking for future information. If I were to be carrying a revolver that used moonclips right now, the revolver would probably be carried at 4:00 in a very old Comp-Tac Gurkha, from back when they were still hand-bent kydex.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I was mostly asking for future information. If I were to be carrying a revolver that used moonclips right now, the revolver would probably be carried at 4:00 in a very old Comp-Tac Gurkha, from back when they were still hand-bent kydex.
    I'm not sure the cd-2 would work if you're not carrying aiwb.

I'm guessing the safariland split six would work with moon clips.

Or these

http://jeffreycustomleather.com/Moon...cessories.html

I'm contemplating getting my 625 milled for clips so I might try one of those

User Tag List