Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Inexpensive rotary tumbler recommendations?

  1. #1

    Inexpensive rotary tumbler recommendations?

    Not for reloading though. I致e been experimenting with doing STONEWASH finishes on metal items and now, I知 looking at getting a rotary tumbler to up my game. Does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive tumbler? I知 only a hobbyist, so I知 hoping to spend no more than $100.

  2. #2
    See what Frankford Arsenal has to offer.

    And watch for sales. I'm currently using a Lyman tumbler because that's what a guy near me was selling at a big discount.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Not for reloading though. I致e been experimenting with doing STONEWASH finishes on metal items and now, I知 looking at getting a rotary tumbler to up my game. Does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive tumbler? I知 only a hobbyist, so I知 hoping to spend no more than $100.
    Harbor freight tumbler. I ran mine a lot for reloading. Downside is the size.

  4. #4
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Not for reloading though. I致e been experimenting with doing STONEWASH finishes on metal items and now, I知 looking at getting a rotary tumbler to up my game. Does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive tumbler? I知 only a hobbyist, so I知 hoping to spend no more than $100.
    I've done Harbor Freight and I'm using the FART. Get the FART, it really is worth the money. It's on sale, too.
    #RESIST

  5. #5
    The FART looks like it might be a winner. I was checking out the Nat Geo rock tumbler on Amazon, but it looks like the drum might be too small for larger projects.

  6. #6
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've done Harbor Freight and I'm using the FART. Get the FART, it really is worth the money. It's on sale, too.
    Ordered. (I知 slowly gathering what I need to get into reloading.) Any recommendation on tumbling media for this?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Ordered. (I知 slowly gathering what I need to get into reloading.) Any recommendation on tumbling media for this?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I, and a few others here, are happy with no tumbling media - just a combo of water and chems such as citric acid and Armor All soap.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

  8. #8
    Harbor freight has a chicago electric 2 barrel 3lb stone tumbler $66.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TMc View Post
    Harbor freight has a chicago electric 2 barrel 3lb stone tumbler $66.
    I was looking into that one but the individual barrels are too small for some bigger parts I壇 like to work on. My rough estimate is 3 deep and 4 diameter.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eastern NC, 500 feet and below
    Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    I, and a few others here, are happy with no tumbling media - just a combo of water and chems such as citric acid and Armor All soap.
    +1 Haven稚 used the pins in years. Car wash soap and Lemishine brand citric acid.

    And a PSA on the Nat Geo rock tumbler that @Pnut referenced- we used it on some rocks the kids got from gem mining in the mountains and it overloaded very quickly and would shut down. Not good when you are supposed to run it 24/7 for a month.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •