Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive rotary tumbler recommendations?

Inexpensive rotary tumbler recommendations?

Not for reloading though. I’ve been experimenting with doing STONEWASH finishes on metal items and now, I’m looking at getting a rotary tumbler to up my game. Does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive tumbler? I’m only a hobbyist, so I’m hoping to spend no more than $100.

See what Frankford Arsenal has to offer.

And watch for sales. I'm currently using a Lyman tumbler because that's what a guy near me was selling at a big discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Not for reloading though. I’ve been experimenting with doing STONEWASH finishes on metal items and now, I’m looking at getting a rotary tumbler to up my game. Does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive tumbler? I’m only a hobbyist, so I’m hoping to spend no more than $100.
    Harbor freight tumbler. I ran mine a lot for reloading. Downside is the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I've done Harbor Freight and I'm using the FART. Get the FART, it really is worth the money. It's on sale, too.
    #RESIST

The FART looks like it might be a winner. I was checking out the Nat Geo rock tumbler on Amazon, but it looks like the drum might be too small for larger projects.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've done Harbor Freight and I'm using the FART. Get the FART, it really is worth the money. It's on sale, too.
    Ordered. (I’m slowly gathering what I need to get into reloading.) Any recommendation on tumbling media for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Ordered. (I’m slowly gathering what I need to get into reloading.) Any recommendation on tumbling media for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I, and a few others here, are happy with no tumbling media - just a combo of water and chems such as citric acid and Armor All soap.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Harbor freight has a chicago electric 2 barrel 3lb stone tumbler $66.

Quote Originally Posted by TMc View Post
    Harbor freight has a chicago electric 2 barrel 3lb stone tumbler $66.
    I was looking into that one but the individual barrels are too small for some bigger parts I’d like to work on. My rough estimate is 3” deep and 4” diameter.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    I, and a few others here, are happy with no tumbling media - just a combo of water and chems such as citric acid and Armor All soap.
    +1… Haven’t used the pins in years. Car wash soap and Lemishine brand citric acid.

And a PSA on the Nat Geo rock tumbler that @Pnut referenced- we used it on some rocks the kids got from gem mining in the mountains and it overloaded very quickly and would shut down. Not good when you are supposed to run it 24/7 for a month.

User Tag List