Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zeroing a 9mm PCC, Strange Ballistics.

Chomps - one piece of advice - at a certain point, chasing "perfect" on zero is counterproductive. I'm more concerned that your 25 yard zero appears to have shifted pretty drastically from the last really good zero to the one you posted as your first target in the last post. One of three things is happening:

1. Your mount is loose
    2. Your optic is faulty
    3. You're inducing some weirdness into the PCC (POA, trigger, rest, whatever), then trying to "zero" it out

I wouldn't make ANY more adjustments to the optic. Shoot it in realistic conditions - standing, kneeling, prone at ranges from 3-100 yards. I know that my "perfect" zero shot rested from a bench does NOT equate to where my rifle shoots when I'm standing/kneeling or shooting around cover.

But, overall - I wouldn't be unhappy with any of those groups at the ranges you're shooting. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Chomps - one piece of advice - at a certain point, chasing "perfect" on zero is counterproductive. I'm more concerned that your 25 yard zero appears to have shifted pretty drastically from the last really good zero to the one you posted as your first target in the last post. One of three things is happening:

1. Your mount is loose
    2. Your optic is faulty
    3. You're inducing some weirdness into the PCC (POA, trigger, rest, whatever), then trying to "zero" it out

I wouldn't make ANY more adjustments to the optic. Shoot it in realistic conditions - standing, kneeling, prone at ranges from 3-100 yards. I know that my "perfect" zero shot rested from a bench does NOT equate to where my rifle shoots when I'm standing/kneeling or shooting around cover.

But, overall - I wouldn't be unhappy with any of those groups at the ranges you're shooting. Good work!
    Could be zero shift with the magnifier, no?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'll be damned, I had no idea such a thing existed and it's on sale. Ordered.
    Bro...it's just the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Wow! It’s even worse than y’all explained. Just re-read the AEMS Manual before heading to the range. The zero adjustments for it are in ONE HALF MOA @100 yds! :0. So even with using a 25yd Zero,.. Im only moving my POA/POI By an EIGHTH of an inch per click. Which means @ my 10-15 yds zeros, I was probably only moving my poi by a mm or two per click. :facepalm:

So,… for my range session today,.. I’m gonna do my damnedest (…old eyes, arthritis & all) to get a good, dead on, balls accurate 25yd zero and then maybe next weekend I can go hit the hundred yard range. See what that does for my POI @85 & 100yds.

Depending on how that looks I might then try to adjust for a 50 yd zero.

I’ll post up the results here after.
    Just a word of encouragement, this is what the real path to mastery/success looks like.

Surviving and learning from failure is the key to success, its those who endlessly repeat failure without ever learning from it that are umm SOL.

People that are truly interested in improving want to find errors and such because that is where they learn something new.

just my $0.02

1. Your mount is loose
    2. Your optic is faulty

Yeah,.. if I understand which 25yd zero images you’re referring to,.. I forgot to mention that between those range sessions, I had to remove, move & re-mount the red dot to accommodate spacing for the offset irons & the new 3X magnifier. Im going to assume that’s why there was such a dramatic shift.

However,.. I will keep that all in mind to watch for next range visit! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Yeah,.. if I understand which 25yd zero images you’re referring to,.. I forgot to mention that between those range sessions, I had to remove, move & re-mount the red dot to accommodate spacing for the offset irons & the new 3X magnifier. Im going to assume that’s why there was such a dramatic shift.

However,.. I will keep that all in mind to watch for next range visit! Thanks.
    That will DEFINITELY explain it! Keep up the good work, and remember, this is supposed to be fun!

…I wouldn't make ANY more adjustments to the optic. Shoot it in realistic conditions - standing, kneeling, prone at ranges from 3-100 yards. I know that my "perfect" zero shot rested from a bench does NOT equate to where my rifle shoots when I'm standing/kneeling or shooting around cover.

Thanks!

I had to laugh,.. when I was getting my lane for the 100yd range, The RSO asked to see my ammo. (Making sure no steel core, green tip stuff). I told him “…it’s all 9mm hollow point. Its Carry ammo for a 10.5” PCC.” He just looks at me and says, “Really, 100yds with a 9mm?? Really???” Like it was the weirdest thing he ever heard of. Lol. 🤷*♂️

I just looked at him and said,… “I know where it shoots at 7-10-15 yards! I want to know where it (…or I,) hits at 50, 75 or 100.” 😁

User Tag List