Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI arrests man who stalked BRCC social media influencer in San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    I tried it. It was nothing special. Living in south Louisiana you expect really good coffee to be the norm. It has nothing on our local brand, Community Coffee dark roast. BRCC may compare favoroably in other locales where they serve see-through coffee.
    Well PF just lightened my wallet again Community Coffee on the way!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The big irony here for me (YMMV) is that the biggest BRCC fanboys I know have never served in the .mil.
    I find that's usually the case with all things military. One of my coworkers, a retired small town police chief, is obsessed with military history. This week he's off to Gettysburg and then the Battleship New Jersey. He's always traveling to somewhere on his off time, has a huge surplus weapons collection including a vintage jeep, ala Rat Patrol. All this and he never served a day in the military. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy, but he's very typical of that type. Those of us amongst the crew who are vets aren't nearly as obsessed with it as he is.

Also, I'm not accusing anyone of stolen valor, etc. It just seems that once you've lived it, the bloom's off the rose, as with most things.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    The wife and I discuss having another child and honestly I think man I have 2 sons. What would it be like to have a daughter?

I read this and conclude - I’d need a lot more guns.
    BJJ and firearms. My daughter loves both.
    #RESIST

Is it wrong that I laughed my ass of when I read the headline and pictured someone stalking Matt Best with a suitcase full of ballgags.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The big irony here for me (YMMV) is that the biggest BRCC fanboys I know have never served in the .mil.
    The real irony is I absolutely cannot stand coffee. Army coffee ruined all of it for me, I just taste burnt up gritty beanwater unless there's enough foo-foo Vanilla 720 McTwist FrapaCaramel stuff added that I just taste those things... which is always ruined by an undercurrent flavor of gritty burnt beanwater.

PF ThreadDrift(tm) aside, I'm glad the FBI nabbed this weirdo before something awful happened to that woman. As @RevolverRob already covered, being a high profile social media persona, or any kind of celebrity comes with a bunch of really weird shit from social media these days.

A friend of mine is a stunt driver/precision driver for a lot of the movie and TV work in the region. We caught up this past Sunday over some delicious whisky, and he was telling me about his time working on NM sets for Season 4 of Stranger Things. While in a waiting/break area between scenes he ended up BSing with the Mom of one of the main characters in Stranger things. She was telling my buddy that they have a team of *twenty eight* (28) folks paid and some volunteer that manage his social media and screen everything before he gets to see any of it. She said that really creepy messages and pictures from older men make up a substantial percentage of that junk. That particular actor is like 20 years old and has had some of the same creepy stalking old men since the first episodes debuted in 2016, when he was 13 or 14 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    But the reality is - women have to deal with creepy stalker dudes pretty regularly in their lives. So, if you had a daughter you don't need more guns for yourself. You just need focus on teaching her self reliance and self respect...and I mean a few more guns to give to her wouldn't hurt.
    … and, every girl should know how to go medieval on his ass with a knife.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    as my homie @JDM told me on a range trip, while his teenage daughter was running the wheels off of my transferable UZI:

"I believe in raising self-reliant and dangerous women"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    A friend of mine is a stunt driver/precision driver for a lot of the movie and TV work in the region. We caught up this past Sunday over some delicious whisky, and he was telling me about his time working on NM sets for Season 4 of Stranger Things. While in a waiting/break area between scenes he ended up BSing with the Mom of one of the main characters in Stranger things. She was telling my buddy that they have a team of *twenty eight* (28) folks paid and some volunteer that manage his social media and screen everything before he gets to see any of it. She said that really creepy messages and pictures from older men make up a substantial percentage of that junk. That particular actor is like 20 years old and has had some of the same creepy stalking old men since the first episodes debuted in 2016, when he was 13 or 14 years old.
    Daughter was getting regular messages on Insta from people offering to pay for pictures of her feet. I told her that I'd help her set up a separate anonymous account for a 20% commission. Wife was not amused.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I find that's usually the case with all things military. One of my coworkers, a retired small town police chief, is obsessed with military history. This week he's off to Gettysburg and then the Battleship New Jersey. He's always traveling to somewhere on his off time, has a huge surplus weapons collection including a vintage jeep, ala Rat Patrol. All this and he never served a day in the military. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy, but he's very typical of that type. Those of us amongst the crew who are vets aren't nearly as obsessed with it as he is.

Also, I'm not accusing anyone of stolen valor, etc. It just seems that once you've lived it, the bloom's off the rose, as with most things.
    Really odd my neighbor who is a scientist is absolutely enthralled with the USMC. He has a lighted flagpole and he flies Old Glory and the Eagle Globe Anchor below. I ran into him one time at the grocery and he had some sort of flight jacket and his cover with EGA.
    I asked him if he had served and he said No but I really like them.
    I really was at kind of a loss trying to fathom that.
    As long as hes not doing stolen valor and he keeps his flags in good shape theres nothing really for me to say.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Daughter was getting regular messages on Insta from people offering to pay for pictures of her feet. I told her that I'd help her set up a separate anonymous account for a 20% commission. Wife was not amused.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List