Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FBI arrests man who stalked BRCC social media influencer in San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    My wife and I just decided we’re locking her away until she’s 18. Problem solved. 🤷*♂️
    Probably won't backfire.

Praise the Lord my sister just had boys.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    What would it be like to have a daughter?
    I have two little girls, and we should learn the sex of the third baby in a week or two.

It’s like a friend of mine told me after my first daughter was born…

With a boy, you only have to worry about one penis. With a girl, you have to worry about all the penises in the world.

The wife and I discuss having another child and honestly I think man I have 2 sons. What would it be like to have a daughter?

I read this and conclude - I’d need a lot more guns.

I have a daughter and a son with another daughter on the way. It stays with you lingering in the back of your mind a bit. Of course I’m concerned for my sons safety too but I do know that my daughters will have additional concerns.

I drive 50 minutes to work one way to keep us in the safest area possible and will continue to do so. Wife and I have no social media of any kind and do not allow family to post info about our kids online either.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Guy I worked with used to say that the difference between sons and daughters is that with the boy, you only have to worry about one dick.
    My experience with BRCC mirrors what others have said with the Black Beard whole bean being the blend I liked best. I wonder if there is some poor dude at Community Coffee's order fulfillment department wondering why his day suddenly got busy.

ETA:

[QUOTE=TC215;1409232]I have two little girls, and we should learn the sex of the third baby in a week or two.

It’s like a friend of mine told me after my first daughter was born…

With a boy, you only have to worry about one penis. With a girl, you have to worry about all the penises in the world.[/QUOTE]

OK, that's just creepy.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Oh I agree.

We have 2 - we’re talking about a 3rd. I have no decision in what gender it’ll be. But, anyway - we’ll see and I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, agreed entirely on BRCC. I mean… go ahead and pick the company that’s very pro-2A and veteran owned.
    Actually, you ARE the deciding factor in what the gender of your children will be.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Try having a 12 year old that could easily pass for a 20 year old model. Ugh.
    She must favor her Momma.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Slight thread drift, but is BRCC really good?

I’m a coffee snob and tend to like the stronger blends with Peet’s Major Dickensen being my standard. While I imagine that there isn’t a single worker at Peet’s in Berkeley California that shares my values - but they make damn good coffee! Needless to say, you couldn’t find BRCC in any of the local stores in the SF Bay Area (Bass Pro carried it but it was a 1hr drive), but here in the Front Range it is everywhere! Thinking of trying some but would like to know it is not just a gimmick aimed at guys like us.
    As a former 1980s Peetnik ( I once pulled an espresso for Alfred Peet himself in the Piedmont Ave Oakland shop, and got good marks for it)... you probably won't like it. I've had two different BRCC blends about a year apart, and found them both pretty objectionable in flavor. The Folgers comparison isn't far off.

(By the way, the coffee bar manager for Peets corporate is a friend - his husband and he are both S & W revolver guys. Go figure.)

This dude in TX is bad news and I'm glad he was caught.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I hate to rag on Peet's but their coffee isn't really good either. Maybe it was once better, but now no different than Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I hate to rag on Peet's but their coffee isn't really good either. Maybe it was once better, but now no different than Starbucks.
    You are pretty much correct.
    @DocGKR has mentioned this himself here.
    It's still better than Starbucks, but not by much. Their secret weapons were great Peet family connections with longstanding coffee producers, and roastmaster Jim Reynolds, who is long retired.
    A skilled local roaster with good suppliers can outdo them now.

That said, I haven't set foot in one of the original Berkeley/Oakland locations for years now, and might have to eat some of the above words when I do so.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List