Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI arrests man who stalked BRCC social media influencer in San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Slight thread drift, but is BRCC really good?

I’m a coffee snob and tend to like the stronger blends with Peet’s Major Dickensen being my standard. While I imagine that there isn’t a single worker at Peet’s in Berkeley California that shares my values - but they make damn good coffee! Needless to say, you couldn’t find BRCC in any of the local stores in the SF Bay Area (Bass Pro carried it but it was a 1hr drive), but here in the Front Range it is everywhere! Thinking of trying some but would like to know it is not just a gimmick aimed at guys like us.
    I wanted to like BRCC when the first came out, and tried several blends. Most were mediocre, one was awful. At their price point, I would rate it all a no go. If Major D is your standard (it is the only coffee we keep in the house, and have a direct subscription) I doubt you would like BRCC either. Agree Peet's employees probably aren't on my wavelength, but the company seems focused on making good coffee and has a STFU approach to all the nonsense so many other companies seem to jump in with both feet.

As for Mr. Stalky/Rapey, woodchippers gotta eat too...

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    If you think Folgers is the bomb you'll like it. Honestly, it's very mediocre coffee. They've succeeded by heavily working the Vetbro angle. (Something I find increasingly distasteful) Most people buy it as some kind of political, or vicarious life style statement.
    Spot on. It's a good alternative to Starbucks if you like Grunt Style shirts and comment on "EDC" pics on social media.

My friend had a subscription, canceled after a few months, and also bought some of the limited edition offerings. AAR: most of it is horrendously over-roasted and stomps out the flavor profiles of the particular blends. If I had no other options and saw it at the store I would get the "Gunship" light roast as it probably is the most unique and flavorful when brewed right. But Dark Matter, Mystic Monk, and Heart Coffee are my go-to online purchases. Stumptown and Peet's are the daily drivers.

To the thread, I feel for any female personalities with a big social media footprint; the incels and creeps seem more emboldened in the past few years.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I’m a coffee snob and tend to like the stronger blends with Peet’s Major Dickensen being my standard. While I imagine that there isn’t a single worker at Peet’s in Berkeley California that shares my values - but they make damn good coffee! Needless to say, you couldn’t find BRCC in any of the local stores in the SF Bay Area (Bass Pro carried it but it was a 1hr drive), but here in the Front Range it is everywhere! Thinking of trying some but would like to know it is not just a gimmick aimed at guys like us.
    I tried it. It was nothing special. Living in south Louisiana you expect really good coffee to be the norm. It has nothing on our local brand, Community Coffee dark roast. BRCC may compare favoroably in other locales where they serve see-through coffee.

We get four bags a month shipped. Blackbeard's Delight. We like it a lot. I've noticed when I buy a bag from a retail location; a LGS stocks it, it seems a lot drier after grinding vs direct shipped.

I mostly separate politics from my commerce. But I have noticed on several occasions BRCC getting roasted for not being sufficiently right wing.

Maybe this music vid they did. Love this tune.

Last edited by JHC; 10-25-2022 at 11:01 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    I tried it. It was nothing special. Living in south Louisiana you expect really good coffee to be the norm. It has nothing on our local brand, Community Coffee dark roast. BRCC may compare favoroably in other locales where they serve see-through coffee.
    I drink Café Bustelo, but I’ve been meaning to try Community Dark. Thank you for the reminder!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    The wife and I discuss having another child and honestly I think man I have 2 sons. What would it be like to have a daughter?

I read this and conclude - I’d need a lot more guns.
    The challenge here is that the lure of social media influencing as a career choice is strong, particularly with young women, because it makes a lot of financial sense. Some of these women are pulling down 7+ figures a year at 18-25 years old, just by taking pictures of themselves with coffee and guns and posting them on social media.

The challenge is anytime you put yourself out there like that, some unhinged person (let's be real, male) is going to think your pictures are just for him. And each thing you write is just for him. And you're going to have to deal with creepy stalker dudes.

But the reality is - women have to deal with creepy stalker dudes pretty regularly in their lives. So, if you had a daughter you don't need more guns for yourself. You just need focus on teaching her self reliance and self respect...and I mean a few more guns to give to her wouldn't hurt.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You just need focus on teaching her self reliance and self respect...and I mean a few more guns to give to her wouldn't hurt.
    ^This^

Plus, the excuse to get more guns isn’t a bug, its a feature!

Site Supporter

I’m a coffee snob and tend to like the stronger blends with Peet’s Major Dickensen being my standard. While I imagine that there isn’t a single worker at Peet’s in Berkeley California that shares my values - but they make damn good coffee!
    I was a barista at a Peet’s in Santa Monica as a student decades ago, back in the days when any urn coffee had to be poured down the drain 30 minutes after brewing because it was by then unfit for civilized human consumption, and we threw away any beans once they exceeded 14 days after roasting, and I superciliously suggested to anyone who asked to add a shot of vanilla or whatever to their coffee to go down the street to Starbucks, where they could indulge in that kind of abomination.

BRCC’s marketing can be entertaining, but its actual coffee is mediocre at best, in my old school Peet’s trained opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I haven’t tried it because I have an aversion to companies that wrap themselves in the flag…
    I'm with you there, but I have an even bigger aversion to companies that stomp the flag, figuratively or literally.

To your point, though, the Bro-vet angle and all that stuff is definitely over the top now. At some point in the mid 20-teens it went from finally finding something that 'got' military humor, to being these over-sensationalized social media personae stereotypes that are almost formulaic in all of the social media accounts ran by these companies. The bro-vet cool guy frontman. The hot chick(tm) that's just as good at blowing shit up. The huge dude with a big beard that carries the big guns and smashes shit with hammers. The nerdy comic relief guy. etc etc. It's all so tiresome.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I'm with you there, but I have an even bigger aversion to companies that stomp the flag, figuratively or literally.

To your point, though, the Bro-vet angle and all that stuff is definitely over the top now. At some point in the mid 20-teens it went from finally finding something that 'got' military humor, to being these over-sensationalized social media personae stereotypes that are almost formulaic in all of the social media accounts ran by these companies. The bro-vet cool guy frontman. The hot chick(tm) that's just as good at blowing shit up. The huge dude with a big beard that carries the big guns and smashes shit with hammers. The nerdy comic relief guy. etc etc. It's all so tiresome.
    The big irony here for me (YMMV) is that the biggest BRCC fanboys I know have never served in the .mil.

User Tag List