Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 365 series reliability consensus….

Sig 365 series reliability consensus….

I have three sig 365 pistols. One standard, one “x” and one “xl” and all of them have worked really well except for some crappy mags I got one time.

That said, I’m seeing some full time instructors bash them a lot lately saying they see them fail a lot in classes. I know we have a bunch of 365 shooters on here so my curiosity drove me to ask on here…

How reliable has your 365/x/xl/macro pistols been?

Site Supporter
    I have two of them, both standard, and both at low round counts. The next time either malfunctions will be the first. The first one I bought is the gun I carry 95%~98% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

standard and XL, both have never had a single malfunction, at least 1,500 rounds so far in each one

I had an early production XL - zero malfunctions in 5k+ rounds

I have a spectre comp - 2500 rounds so far with zero malfunctions.

my Macro is too new to comment.

bottom line is I've never experienced or heard of anyone else having a problem.

Standard P365, sold after 450 rounds, no malfunctions of any kind. P365XL, sold after 641 rounds, no malfunctions other than using it once in a USPSA match, a dropped mag had barfed it's follower out the top of the tube. I reloaded it and carried on. Current EDC P365X had two odd malfunctions in January; a stovepipe and a separate FTRB. Both were with two brand new magazines. This has not happened since with either. The gun is currently at 827 rounds, no other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    That said, I’m seeing some full time instructors bash them a lot lately saying they see them fail a lot in classes.
    I wonder how many of those “gun failures” are really operator headspace and timing issues? Are 365s as sensitive to grip and hand placement as other small pistols?

I’m far from a SIG fanboi but other than something about broken firing pins early in the front production run, I haven’t seen anything about a plague of broken 365s.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

P365 had multiple magazine malfunctions with hollow points.

Several feedway stoppages with hollow points

I sold it. I would not take a P365 if you gave it to me.

Site Supporter
    My original 365 3300-3500 rds
    1st XL 7500-8000 rds
    2nd Carry XL 2500 rds with the last 1000-1200 rds running a PMM Comp
    Mostly 115 & 124gr with a fair amount of 147gr
    At least 1/2 dozen manufacturers fmj, HST, Gold Dot, Golden Saber HP
    10, 12 and 15rd mag's 2 of which have magguts kits.
    With zero malfunctions of any kind

P365 and P365XL. Zero failures to date, shooting Speer, CCI, Federal, WWB, PMC and Fiocchi.

They don't have as high round counts as my other pistols yet, so it'll be interesting to see if failures start. And also what the durability and wear issues look like after 5K rounds.

Had standard and XL.

XL, bought in 2020, had a dead trigger from the factory. It would not reset 90% of the time. Sent back and Sig fixed it. They wrote a note as to what the problem was I just don't remember. I want to say transfer bar but....???

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List