Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sig 365 series reliability consensus….

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If 365 series mags are not properly re-assembled they will spontaneity disassemble, often when you load or fire your first shot.
    I had lots of opportunities to disassemble and reassemble the mags on the line thanks to gravel, something I haven’t experienced with Glock or 1911 mags. However, the mags held together— though the gun would spontaneously disassemble by dropping the mag.
    Ignore Alien Orders

So, is it safe to assume the .380 variant(s) are GTG as well at this point or should we expect a bit of a teething period for these still? I’m interested in the .380 variant as it just would be that much more controllable in such a small package. Are there any loads that would actually reliably expand in the 9mm P365s?

I had one of the FIRST 365s off the line and it had failure to back into battery. Sold it at a loss to a friend, and after break-in, he's never had a problem and is sitting at 3K rounds (he also had to use it in self-defense and it went bang).

Same story with one of the FIRST 365XLs off the line...failure to go into battery.

Since then, I've owned two other 365s, a Spectre Comp, two XLs, and two MACROs, and a P365-380, and all have been 100%.
    I think any 365 made after 2021 is going to be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So, is it safe to assume the .380 variant(s) are GTG as well at this point or should we expect a bit of a teething period for these still? I’m interested in the .380 variant as it just would be that much more controllable in such a small package. Are there any loads that would actually reliably expand in the 9mm P365s?
    Anecdotal evidence has those being more finicky

Mine is Feb 2018. No issues. I replaced the striker as PM last year, not because I needed to. It's a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    P365 and P365XL. Zero failures to date, shooting Speer, CCI, Federal, WWB, PMC and Fiocchi.

They don't have as high round counts as my other pistols yet, so it'll be interesting to see if failures start. And also what the durability and wear issues look like after 5K rounds.
    Me to. I highly rate them and I carry the XL behind the hip and the P365 in appendix position.

Potential mechanical issue for the P365. A couple people in the comments say it has happened to them as well.
    Last edited by TicTacticalTimmy; 11-03-2022 at 12:11 PM.

^That's bad. Hopefully an anomalous sample of one.

Interested to hear if Sig will provide a more detailed explanation when he gets it back from warranty. Also wondering if others have experienced this. I haven't and don't recall reading about this type of AD here.

^ This seems to be a case of the striker not releasing, correct?

I watched the video with the sound off, just subtitles, but did I miss the part where he removed the striker to check for dirt, debris, manufacturing assembly lube residue or excess cleaning lubrication? It would seem like the thing to do...

User Tag List