Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 365 series reliability consensus….

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I have three sig 365 pistols. One standard, one “x” and one “xl” and all of them have worked really well except for some crappy mags I got one time.

That said, I’m seeing some full time instructors bash them a lot lately saying they see them fail a lot in classes. I know we have a bunch of 365 shooters on here so my curiosity drove me to ask on here…

How reliable has your 365/x/xl/macro pistols been?
    Whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Whom?
    Most recently Chuck Haggard. Said on IG that in a class he taught focused on smaller carry pistols the 365 were the only ones to experience problems.

Site Supporter
    I have 2 P365XLs. I do not keep good round counts but I shot them for about a year which is about 5000 rounds for me. The only issues I had were when I installed a PMM comp in one and in my excitement didn't remember to put any lube on the barrel. I shot a Modern Samurai Project class with it and beat the crap out of my hands. I struggled to consistently get the safety off as I started to reduce draw times and with winter coming I went back to Glocks for now. I would not hesitate to get either out of the safe and run them.

I wish I could just back on the Sig hate train but I can't, (but I still have reservations on the M18/320 lines). Mine all run perfectly, 2 of mine started life as XL's and then were converted to X models, 2 standard 365's still in the same configuration plus 1 spectre comp. All run perfectly, round counts range from north of 5700 rounds to as little at 1,000. But between all 5 that I have owned and the 4 that I still own all have run everything. HST 124 standard pressure, HST 124gr +P, HST 147gr, Speer Gold Dot 124gr standard pressure, SP Gold Dot 124gr +P, 147gr, 147gr G2, and Winchester Bonded 124 +P and 147gr all without issues. I have over 100 rounds of each duty type load through these guns but the bulk through the two most vetted for carry. My round counts also include a very wide range of commercial ball stuff, hot hand loads on down to some really downloaded 9mm because some injuries are catching up with me. I wouldn't discount anything Mr. Haggard says but mine have proven to be just as reliable as my slim line Glocks were and don't seem to care if I hang a light off the front. Sig has had a lot of rolling changes and continues to operate this way so I think this is something you still should pay attention to.

Forgot to mention I have played with converting the Spectre comp into a Macro with the grip module and mags I bought. Round count in that configuration is really low though but I like it and so long as the mags are properly designed, (I don't see what could be an issue here except maybe spring tension) it will run fine.

If you decide not to go this route I still think the G48 is an awesome gun but I don't trust the shield mags.

I only have a P365XL that I got new early this year. So far zero issues. I have about 500 rounds on it now with the last 100 rounds being Federal aluminum case 115gr. I am just getting back into the P365. I pretty much carried a Shield since they came out and then got a new P635 when they first intruduced it. I got it from the Sig Pro Shop back when they would sell to LE/MIL over the phone. Before it could ship they found the front sight was dead. It finally got to me, but then i started seeing the broken stiker and broken trigger spring issues. I ended up selling it and moving back to the Shield.

I decided to give the P365XL a try since I like the manual safety and I am giving optics a try. The 500 rounds I have is nothing really, but thought I would chime in.

I bought a standard P365 in March of 2021 to replace a S&W 360pd; I couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn from 30 feet with that little revolver. The P365 was a huge upgrade in accuracy and capacity for me. I pocket carry it about 350 days a year. 1200 rounds through it so far with zero issues.

P365xl here with 1500 rounds of various fmj. Roughly 200 rounds of that was with gold dot and hst(147 and a mix of 124 standard and +p).
    Zero malfunctions. The rounds even pass the 1911 “extractor test” the few times I tried just for fun.

Site Supporter
    I saw a lot of issues with the early guns. Recent guns have all run well in classes the last 6 months or so.

My personal Macro/XL combo is right at 1,000 rounds now with no malfunctions of any kind.

The question is whether Chuck meant the 365 is less reliable than a full size service pistol, or unreliable compared to other slimline pistols. Slimline pistols generally have short slides and cram many cartridges into a small magazine, both of which can cause reliability issues. My experience with many 365 family pistols, owned by me and friends, is that the 365 is reliable by slimline standards, and maybe even by service pistol standards.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Vending Machine Operator
    My round count is hilariously low compared to most posts here, but our recent first vetting run of my fiancee's P365 with manual safety was about 150 rounds, Winchester Ready 124+P and Federal HST 147. No malfunctions.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List