Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruise Ship Theft - Help and opinions needed.

Site Supporter
    Am I the only one hoping someone stole a cruise ship?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Freeze her credit, which is something that everyone should be doing anyway. It's free, you haven't needed a police report or identity leak for quite awhile now, and it's also free to 'thaw' it when you need to.

Monitor credit card transactions, once home request replacement cards.

I wouldn't abandon the cruise, personally, petty thieves are petty thieves. Shit happens anywhere.

No idea about maritime law and who, if anyone, would actually investigate the theft. Particularly since the items were found.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’d really pressure her to have a few more Long Island Ice Teas and enjoy her trip.

I’m not sure why this would make her feel any more unsafe. The ship’s crew undoubtedly has access to her room whenever they wish 24/7/365 anyhow. Like mentioned, chances are it was a petty theft that once ships security and the Captain got involved...suddenly went “full astern”. The speed at which the issue was resolved, the desire for the cruise line to muffle it point in this direction as well IMHO. Were there any announcements about a crew member suddenly being lost overboard? 🤔 😁

Besides what has been mentioned on credit freezing and monitoring, I’m not sure I’d go much further. Over the years, my stuff has been compromised so many times in hotels that I’ve become accustomed to it.

I hope she can enjoy the rest of her trip...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Do they have in-cabin safes she can use?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    She had no need to bring her bag around the ship, as everything is comped, or on a tab. This is also the reason why she only had her cell phone in her pocket and not in her purse. Hence my confidence that the bag was in her room.
    This is why I try and get my wife to leave her purse behind on trips like this, or we try and consolidate everything into my murse and carry it around. We did an Amtrak trip a few years ago and the security of the sleeper car room would not have been for shit, so we had one bag with both wallets and cameras (I guess it was some while ago...) in a bag neither of us would look out of place carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    She is hinting that when the ship gets into port tomorrow she might abandon the cruise, as she feels unsafe. I don't know if more formal complaints or reports would help her get a refund. She will have to figure out lodging and travel back to the states on her own, and at her own expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I wouldn't abandon the cruise, personally, petty thieves are petty thieves. Shit happens anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I’d really pressure her to have a few more Long Island Ice Teas and enjoy her trip.
    I’m not sure why this would make her feel any more unsafe.
    And if she jumps ship (I always wanted to say that... ) she is going to be in whatever city they have stopped at without any local knowledge and have to seek lodging and transportation on the fly, probably more risk associated with hopping off in an unfamiliar town she has not had an opportunity to do much research on. Seems like all towns have a shitty part of town, and the stops might be in smaller, more remote places it will be more difficult (and expensive) to arrange travel from back to CONUS.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    Am I the only one hoping someone stole a cruise ship?
    No.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Do they have in-cabin safes she can use?

Easily compromised. You’re better off stashing stuff in the lining of your suitcase. Honestly. Mine has a fairly concealed zipper in the lining that allows access into the frame area of the luggage. You DO have to remember to dig said items out before you repack your bag however...😳 BTDT.

Jumping off to me would be the far riskier move. Especially for 2 females. Hanging out down at the docks formulating “Plan B” would be waaaay down the list. I would raise a stink with the cruise line though. Between e-coli, Covid, and Somali pirates, they have enough bad publicity as it is. At least she could maybe get a tour of the engine room or something...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List