Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat pocket lights with clips

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Does the flat light feel that much different than a traditional one? I would love to know how flat lights compares against something like a Streamlight 88061 1L-1AA.
    I've been carrying a Surefire Stilleto Pro for a few months now and it sits in my left front pocket just like a pocket knife would; it feels basically the same as my Spyderco Para 3 I have clipped to my right front pocket. I greatly prefer it to the round-tube lights I've had in the past, including the thin AAA Streamlights and single 123-A Surefire's.

I haven't had any issues with the Stilleto Pro coming on in my pocket, unless I hit the rear button (I changed the clip to carry the light button-up; I find it easier to draw and activate the 5-lumen task light that way and I like not having the bezel exposed). I had a first generation Stilleto and I had more unintentional activations with that light than I've had with the Pro.

Any light without a rear button is a no-go for me. I use an overhand grip a lot of the time.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I would like a stiletto pro but it’s hard to stomach the price to try something out.

Upstream in the thread somebody mentioned her stiletto is not holding a charge as well, for what you paid sure fire better put a new battery in it for you at no charge.

The concept of the pro seems good as a realistic self-defense distance light and separate buttons for tasks

https://www.511tactical.com/edc-2aaa...RoCyPYQAvD_BwE
    I had one of these for a few years before the battery compartment broke. It’s a decent admin type light. The switch is interesting as it’s on the front
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

My son has one of the Streamlights (I found out yesterday...apparently the Snap-On guy who comes around his work has too cool tools). A nice task light, but lack of a thumb switch makes it less than optimal as a tactical light.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

My Stiletto Pro is not perfect but I would immediately buy another one if I lost mine.
    Updating to the USB-C is long overdue and in typical SF fashion it will probably never happen.
    And the side by side buttons at the head is a stupid design because you only use the right side button for light and rarely need to use the left button to check the battery life. I find that as I flip the light all around in my hand when using it as a task light it's easy to loose track of which button to hit. Make one big central button for light and a tiny little side button for the battery, if you must. Or just check the battery level LED when you turn it on.
    Still, it's the best Admin light I've ever owned and can be used as an emergency Tactical light in a pinch.

User Tag List