Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LASIK as a self defense aid

I had LASIK done back about 2001-2ish. Other than a bit of dry eye for a year or so I haven’t had any issues. Glasses, contacts and 20/400 vision were a part of my life that I now barely remember. I came away with solid 20/15 vision.

It greatly helped me as a cop for the remainder of my career as flying elbows, OC spray and dust all lost part of their foul sting. I didn’t experience any halo effects at night like some people have and my near vision stayed good until very recently.

If your doctor says you make a good candidate it is life changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I had LASIK done back about 2001-2ish. Other than a bit of dry eye for a year or so I haven’t had any issues. Glasses, contacts and 20/400 vision were a part of my life that I now barely remember. I came away with solid 20/15 vision.

It greatly helped me as a cop for the remainder of my career as flying elbows, OC spray and dust all lost part of their foul sting. I didn’t experience any halo effects at night like some people have and my near vision stayed good until very recently.

If your doctor says you make a good candidate it is life changing.
    Your experience is exactly like mine, except that I am not LE. I had it done for my active lifestyle: surfing, skiing, cycling. I couldn't wear contacts anymore as I'd get a reaction with them. Can't remember the name of it but it left painful bumps under my eyelids. And now that I shoot with a red dot (new shooter), it's even more meaningful.

User Tag List