Thread: Sig P365 Striker Safety Block Wear

Sig P365 Striker Safety Block Wear

Trying to learn exactly how the Sig striker safety block works on the P365 and it's variants. I understand the basic concept but have some questions.

1) When the striker is fully cocked, does the striker face extension (not sure what the extended arm on the front of the striker is called) with tension rest/contact the striker safety block?

2) When the trigger is pulled and the safety block lever pushes the safety block up and out of the way, does the sear drop simultaneously or before or after the block is moved up?

3) Is the wear on the back of the safety block where it contacts the striker self limiting? It appears that the material the block is made out of is softer than the MIM striker material. I have only observed minor polishing from friction on the striker at the contact point, but the safety block has obvious wear. This has happened on two 365's I have owned and on one, I replaced the safety block and the same condition was present after a few hundred rounds. I sent Sig Customer Service the attached pic and was told it was normal. I have seen pics on line of other safety blocks with the same type of wear pattern so I'm wondering at what point does the wear affect the safety blocks ability to perform it's function. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Name:  F4989B30-45AC-41D6-AFAD-B6BEE5763B8E.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  13.6 KB

Approaching 2,000 rounds on this one.

Name:  2BD04843-FAF0-4429-BBF9-09008AA64518.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  20.6 KB

Newest .380 version has a tiny bit of wear.

I see some with wear and others without. Would be great to have other pics of members P365 striker blocks (in or out of slide) for comparison. I still do not understand how the wear happens, which is why I started this thread. Below are two screen shots with wear I found on the net.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-11-05 084315.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  43.4 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-10-18 230744.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  9.9 KB

User Tag List