Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best option for slide milling?

I’ve had optic milling done by L&M, battlewerx, C&H, and recently maple leaf.

The maple leaf cuts (1 M&P, 1 Glock) are the loosest pockets of them all. Going somewhere else next time

Jagerwerks is running a Black Friday sale: Optic milling for $80 and nitride refinish for an additional $20. It’ll probably take a while to get your slide back but the workmanship will be solid.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

That’s a great deal - I know mine from another vendor were $160 normal pricing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Have you ever noticed how these threads always turn into "I used (insert name)."?

Does the fact that you used them make them "best"?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Have you ever noticed how these threads always turn into "I used (insert name)."?

How else could a thread like this go? There isn’t a governing body for accreditation or anything like that. I’ve never heard of anyone putting the time and money in to buy samples of every company’s work for an in-depth comparison. All you have is personal experience with a company and whether the end result was up to your standards. For example, I haven’t had any work done by Maple Leaf yet but there have been so many positive posts from people who have that I wouldn’t have any issue with sending them a slide for milling and refinishing.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Best option for slide milling?

It’s a good point. At least we have a list that omits or calls out shops that people have had poor results from.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Jagerwerks is running a Black Friday sale
    Dang, wish I had another one to send them...

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    How else could a thread like this go? There isn’t a governing body for accreditation or anything like that. I’ve never heard of anyone putting the time and money in to buy samples of every company’s work for an in-depth comparison. All you have is personal experience with a company and whether the end result was up to your standards. For example, I haven’t had any work done by Maple Leaf yet but there have been so many positive posts from people who have that I wouldn’t have any issue with sending them a slide for milling and refinishing.
    Which pistol is best?

I carry a Glock.
    I carry a 1911.
    I carry an M&P.
    I carry a CZ.
    I carry a P30.

How is that any different?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Which pistol is best?

I carry a Glock.
    I carry a 1911.
    I carry an M&P.
    I carry a CZ.
    I carry a P30.

How is that any different?
    That’s my point. There’s no objective criteria established in the question. Which is best? Best by what metrics? Cost? Turnaround time? Number of options offered? Tightest tolerances resulting in the best fit between optic and slide? People have to make recommendations based on their experiences with services offered because there’s nothing else on the table.

The terminology of "best" is the problem. They are all done on CNC machines, they should all pretty much be the same.
    Just like pistols or pickup trucks, there are many good ones, probably no such thing as a best one.

User Tag List