Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tons of PF love from Ayoob's article on RDS shooting

Tons of PF love from Ayoob's article on RDS shooting

https://www.thearmorylife.com/find-t...ource=hs_email

With accolades, quotes and shout outs to multiple PF shooters.

"I would like to finish with a shout-out to pistol-forum.com, "
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Gotta say, that is pretty cool.

Thanks @Mas as always a humble, balanced and informative article that lets readers explore what works best for them. You are the gold standard for educational firearms writing.

Mas, here is a thought. Finding the dot is, appropriately, chapter 1 in the red dot journey. I would suggest learning to truly be target focused should be chapter 2. I think most people think they are target focused, but are not. Even those that are, sometimes revert to being dot focused. In a recent podcast with national champion, Nils Jonasson, he discussed how hard it was for him to become target focused after years of shooting iron sights.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Mas, here is a thought. Finding the dot is, appropriately, chapter 1 in the red dot journey. I would suggest learning to truly be target focused should be chapter 2. I think most people think they are target focused, but are not. Even those that are, sometimes revert to being dot focused. In a recent podcast with national champion, Nils Jonasson, he discussed how hard it was for him to become target focused after years of shooting iron sights.
    Ironically, going back to Iron sights this summer after 2 years with dots only showed me I wasn't nearly as adept at target focus/visual focus as I'd thought I was when I was carrying a dot. I had the head knowledge, I knew I should br target focused, but I realized I frequently get locked onto the dot during recoil and then for all follow up shots, or even on first shot presentation if I have to "look for the dot" at all in the window.

Nils described how years of shooting iron sights, and visually shifting focus from target to front sight had him doing that, albeit very quickly, with the dot.

Very cool article.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

That was a cool article, and a good distillation of the thread. Aside from my own father, Mas is the guy who originally sent me down the training road with his excellent and seminal LFI-1, and this place is where I have landed, so that article was a very pleasant way to start my day.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Thank you, @Mas.

Thank you, PF community.
    #RESIST

Not to date myself and Mas, but my second formal firearms training class was with Mas in NH in the late 80's.

User Tag List