Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naperville IL crazy traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    One of the first things that jumped into my mind after watching that was that if I'd drafted a Con-Sim scenario like that, people would have jumped all in my shit about how totally unrealistic it was.

That officer did a great job switching contexts in a big damn hurry.
    And you'd be right. At FLETC they had a scenario with a search warrant being conducted at a private home. Woman with a baby carriage is walking down the street toward the residence. Agent directs her away from property due to the search. She pulls a gun from under the baby blanket and shoots the agent.

Are you reasonably expected to draw down on a woman with a baby carriage on the street? Or be standing with your handgun in ready position? (That's just a bad day in anybody's book.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And you'd be right. At FLETC they had a scenario with a search warrant being conducted at a private home. Woman with a baby carriage is walking down the street toward the residence. Agent directs her away from property due to the search. She pulls a gun from under the baby blanket and shoots the agent.

Are you reasonably expected to draw down on a woman with a baby carriage on the street? Or be standing with your handgun in ready position? (That's just a bad day in anybody's book.)
    Those kinds of scenarios just leave you scratching your head thinking WTF. I guess I’d be questioning that one heavily afterwards. Could it happen sure but it’s like an attorney asking if it’s possible percentage.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Those kinds of scenarios just leave you scratching your head thinking WTF. I guess I’d be questioning that one heavily afterwards. Could it happen sure but it’s like an attorney asking if it’s possible percentage.
    I made sure to question the staff during the after-action discussion. They admitted it wasn't a particularly good training scenario. (Given that the agent involved was on the perimeter. Then again, I guess it could've been a suicide bomber. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Holy fuck people have lost it.

User Tag List