Thread: Is it so wrong to be really excited about this one?

Is it so wrong to be really excited about this one?

Local USPSA place; “killer clowns and zombies in the dark” fun shoot. Imma gonna break the bank doing as many runs as they will let me take.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Is it so wrong to be really excited about this one?

Sounds fun! Who doesn’t dream of shooting killer clowns? Hopefully they have you try to shoot a water-filled pumpkin with a slug at 100yds for a bonus, like a Halloween match I shot a while back. Boom!
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Not at all. In Nov the two clubs I shoot at both have their night matches. I really enjoy them. I shoot my M9A1 w/ a Crimson Trace green laser / light combi unit.

Site Supporter
    Not at all!

BTDT tip. Use factory ammo v a 230 g RNL over 5.4 of 231 out of a 5 inch all steel Kimber “Series I” 1911. My then pet 1911 load was a bit smokey to say the least in an indoor range v 180 FMJ lawman out of a G35.

A great way to figure out which flashlight technique (or some variation ) works best for you as a default i.e. Harries/Rogers/Neck Index etc.

THe link below is for illustration purposes only and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all viable techniques nor an endorsement and/or indictment of any particular technique and/or combination thereof.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...ncealed-carry/
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

That sounds awesome. +1,000 on NOT using reloads, especially if you load with 231, Unique, or some other "smoky" powder. Spring for factory ammo for this one...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There are flash-suppressed powders available to reloaders.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    There are flash-suppressed powders available to reloaders.
    Where's the fun in that? H110 FTW in .357/.44.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    That sounds awesome. +1,000 on NOT using reloads, especially if you load with 231, Unique, or some other "smoky" powder. Spring for factory ammo for this one...
    Heck, I still remember reading PT 109 and thinking "Lay smoke" had a nice ring to it!😁

Yesteday' shenanigans

Sooo much fun. My excel says las time I shot semi-auto rifles was 2020. I suuuck and gun didn't run but fun anyway.

This was my best run

https://youtu.be/ZLNS9GzVSBw

To some extent I enjoyed it more than a regular USPSA match. I presume a change of scenery is good sometimes.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-30-2022 at 09:25 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List