Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Educate me on quad rails

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    While I do have M-Lok, I still really like Pic rails and have BCM QRF, Centurion C4, DD RISII FSP and Omega 9 handguards. For light mounts (if they don't them already like Cloud Defensive lights) and hand controls I use Arisaka, IWC and older Gear Sector stuff. For rail covers I use a combination of Ergo ladders or Larue Index Clips.
    Have you tried the arisaka hand stop? Looks similar to the size of the Karve.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Have you tried the arisaka hand stop? Looks similar to the size of the Karve.
    I've used their finger stop, but not their hand stop (yet) and yeah it does look to be about the same size a of the Karve, of which I have a couple.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    KeyMod is to MLok as Beta was to VHS… unfortunately, I jumped on the KeyMod band wagon in its early days ☹️
    I got in on the *late* days :/ I hemmed-and-hawed about a freefloat tube for a couple years, and then like 2 months after I finally went Keymod, MLOK blew the doors off and I had buyer's remorse. Not to say the Keymod hasn't been perfectly fine in the subsequent years, it's just an odd feeling.

I wonder if Keymod:Bluray is an viable analogy? Streaming video kind of eclipsed Bluray, if not in quality, at least in buzz.

Do you think if Noveske hadn't died, it would've been a closer race with MLOK?

If you hang stuff off the top rail, it doesn't matter if you've got mlok, or KM. The IWC or arisaka stuff hang a light off the top rail cleanly and elegantly

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I wonder if Keymod:Bluray is an viable analogy? Streaming video kind of eclipsed Bluray, if not in quality, at least in buzz.

Actually, KM would be HDDVD and MLok would be BluRay in that comparison!

But back to the KM vs MLok talk, I remember talking to a Geissele rep a while back. I asked him why they only made MLok rails and he said it was because that was what the military was going with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I got in on the *late* days :/ I hemmed-and-hawed about a freefloat tube for a couple years, and then like 2 months after I finally went Keymod, MLOK blew the doors off and I had buyer's remorse. Not to say the Keymod hasn't been perfectly fine in the subsequent years, it's just an odd feeling.

I primarily ran mlok up until now. That said, the QD socket interface on keymod is vastly superior. That the keymod hole is the same size as a QD socket allowing for a low-profile add on is ingenious. I worry about forward compatibility with my keymod handguard vs my mlok ones. But ultimately, I’ve got it set up now I need it, and it’s 100% just as functional.

I have a knights quad rail on my work rifle. Initially I wasn’t a fan but I’ve grown to accept it. I have the knights rail cover, a BCM vertical grip, and a surefire light in a Viking tactical mount so it’s like 10plus years out of date but it works ok. I don’t know if I would go out of my way to pick up a quad rail but they still work.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

User Tag List