Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Feedback on the VELO4 Holster

Some Feedback on the VELO4 Holster

I’d appreciate some feedback on any experiences you’ve had with the VELO4 holster.

Thanks,

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I’d appreciate some feedback on any experiences you’ve had with the VELO4 holster.

Thanks,

George
    I typically carry my EDC lw champion with a tlr7 in a sagax lux but when I'm carrying my Loaded I use a velo4.

I used to like jmcustom 2.0 but I've come to prefer the tenicor for semis but would just as soon use one of their aiwb with extra tuck if I didn't want a wml. I just started using tenicor because I wanted a wml and non wml holster to be the same for training.

I use the Tenicor Malus Sol with my Staccato P DPO - highly recommend it. I wish Tencior offered a similar holster for G34 length pistols. No VELO4 experience, but can recommend the light bearing model.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The molded in wedge for tenicor holsters is revolutionary to me. I got tired of using velcro wedges because they are a pain in the ass to put in and they will slip or deform over time. I don't even need to unbutton or zip my pants to take it on or off. The rigidness also keeps it in the exact right spot all day.

Some Feedback on the VELO4 Holster

Tenicor is top tier gear.

I prefer the Certum over the Velo because the wedge on the Velo just isn’t in the exact right spot for me. The Certum allows me to use a junk carry pillow where I want it. I like a foam wedge or pillow over the plastic wedge because it tends to stay in place better where the plastic slides around a little more.

I also like being able to fine tune the camming bar in the Certum where the Velo is fixed.

I wish they’d make either one for a P30 though.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post

Thanks,

George
    Recently ordered one for a S&W Shield Plus and received notice today that it has shipped. Hopefully, I can provide some feedback in the next 2-3 weeks if you are still undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post

I prefer the Certum over the Velo because the wedge on the Velo just isn’t in the exact right spot for me. The Certum allows me to use a junk carry pillow where I want it. I like a foam wedge or pillow over the plastic wedge because it tends to stay in place better where the plastic slides around a little more.

I also like being able to fine tune the camming bar in the Certum where the Velo is fixed.

Same, prefer the certum over velo. The wedge on the velo was not comfortable. The certun with a dark star gear wedge has been the best holster option I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    Same, prefer the certum over velo. The wedge on the velo was not comfortable. The certun with a dark star gear wedge has been the best holster option I've ever used.
    Add me to this list as well. The built in wedge on the Velo doesn’t work for me so I prefer the Certum because I can just add a wedge of my preferred size. I can make a Velo work for me but it is not ideal.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I used a Velo for a while but as many have said, the built-in wedge either works for you or it doesn't. Also, the bottom of the Velo isn't rounded like the JM Wing Claws (my favorite) or the Dark Star Orion. It wasn't terrible, but I could feel the difference especially when bending.

I use the Velo4 and am quite fond of it. I was wholly expecting the molded in wedge to suck and make the holster unbearable, but it has been surprisingly comfortable.

My only gripes:

1. I wish that the holster retention was separate from the adjustment of the one clip (I use the DCC clips). I hate having to constantly re-adjust the clip. Not a huge annoyance though.

2. I wish the belt "bump" was bigger or adjustable

Basically I kinda wish the Velo4 was a bit more like the Certum. Sadly, Tenicor doesn't offer a G34 length Certum (I carry a comped 45) and the time I asked them about it they had no plans on producing such.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List