Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chip making in China canceled

Chip making in China canceled

Maybe I missed it posted already, Biden Administration throws down the gauntlet in critical chip making in China and they dont have the expertise to develop technology.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/10/12...orts-decouple/
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Reminder: Thread is not in Politics. If you want to bitch about Joe, go to the correct section for it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Reminder: Thread is not in Politics. If you want to bitch about Joe, go to the correct section for it.
    Thank you
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

That looks pretty dire for China asshoe.
    I wonder if the .gov is just sick of the games they've continually played or if it's a recognition of the need to decouple our economies before theirs craters.
    I saw this weekend that a lot of US execs in Chinese firms resigned immediately. With Xi becoming Emperor for Life and their continued failure to contain Covid, along with their demographic depopulation bomb that has exploded... things could get sporty quick.
    I'm thinking about Japan when Roosevelt froze all their assets in 1940 and cut off their oil.
    The response was Pearl Harbor.

I don't know what the outcome of this will be, but it's certainly a move in a direction that most of the right has to appreciate. Kinda wild there are still things that two sides might still agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I saw this weekend that a lot of US execs in Chinese firms resigned immediately.
    I think that's still a single source and shouldn't be considered confirmed. All of the articles about it that I've seen just referred back to that one guy as if repeating twitter is real reporting. Just looking at LinkedIn, I think it hasn't really sunk in yet, even if that's indeed what is about to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I don't know what the outcome of this will be, but it's certainly a move in a direction that most of the right has to appreciate. Kinda wild there are still things that two sides might still agree on.

I think that's still a single source and shouldn't be considered confirmed. All of the articles about it that I've seen just referred back to that one guy as if repeating twitter is real reporting. Just looking at LinkedIn, I think it hasn't really sunk in yet, even if that's indeed what is about to happen.
    This just dropped. It's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    That looks pretty dire for China asshoe.
    I wonder if the .gov is just sick of the games they've continually played or if it's a recognition of the need to decouple our economies before theirs craters.
    Likely both.

The amount of industrial espionage conducted by China is just astounding. You can't build a country on ripping off everyone else's R&D and ignoring patents and not expect there to be some consequences at some point.

Likewise, decoupling is really important. If they stopped letting their students study abroad here (or were unable to due to economic downturn), they would single handedly crash the American higher education industry overnight....and that's the real reason we keep issuing visas to Chinese students regardless of the vast majority of them conducting industrial espionage. Usually visa issuance can be leveraged as a foreign policy tool, but we shot ourselves in the foot with the CCP on that.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

@Default.mp3 interested in your take.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Likely both.

The amount of industrial espionage conducted by China is just astounding. You can't build a country on ripping off everyone else's R&D and ignoring patents and not expect there to be some consequences at some point.

Likewise, decoupling is really important. If they stopped letting their students study abroad here (or were unable to due to economic downturn), they would single handedly crash the American higher education industry overnight....and that's the real reason we keep issuing visas to Chinese students regardless of the vast majority of them conducting industrial espionage. Usually visa issuance can be leveraged as a foreign policy tool, but we shot ourselves in the foot with the CCP on that.
    Confucius Institute only teach Confucianism

Name:  381B0CCC-961A-429F-989C-633210A24EA0.png
Views: 671
Size:  68.1 KB

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Keith Alexander called the effects of Chinese espionage "The greatest transfer of wealth in history", at that was in 2012. It will take several decades for China to develop a domestic capacity, but they have the raw data and the talent, it's just a matter of if their economy / system can hold out long enough.

If they do manage to catch up, that'll be... problematic.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List