Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Chip making in China canceled

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Man… there is a lot I could say about #1 intellectual property, and #2 the influx of Chinese students in higher ed. But I won’t, on an open forum.
    Having graduated from a college with a huge amount of Chinese students, and knowing stuff and things, you're probably more spot on than you'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Having graduated from a college with a huge amount of Chinese students, and knowing stuff and things, you're probably more spot on than you'd imagine.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some similar things.

As an aside, I’m also quoting because I can’t send or receive PMs until whatever happened with my site supporter status gets sorted out.

Just so you know.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some similar things.

As an aside, I’m also quoting because I can’t send or receive PMs until whatever happened with my site supporter status gets sorted out.

Just so you know.

P-F has cancelled your standing in the party. Happened to Hu Jintao.

You still have standing with me however, no matter what happens.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

If Winnie the Xi continues to follow the Mao-Stalin-Pol Pot road, it's very likely that those Chinese grads of various international universities will be rounded up and imprisoned as possible 'Imperialist Influences'.

At best they will be isolated in "Post Box" closed cities. At worst there's a second Cultural Revolution, and those of the Stinking Old Ninth get persecuted, 're-educated', or killed.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    P-F has cancelled your standing in the party…
    Probably about damn time.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

The story goes that, when a Roman general returned victorious and rode in a chariot in a triumphant procession through the streets of Rome, a slave would stand behind the general and, as the people cheered and flowers were strewn in his path, the slave would whisper to the general "sic transit gloria mundi"-- "all glory is fleeting."
    It actually means “all *worldly* glory is fleeting,” distinguished from divine glory. I’m familiar with it from papal processions (as Popes too need to be reminded of the fact sometimes; sometimes they listen).

a less theistic version might be Frost’s “nothing gold can stay,” though even that was a meditation on felix culpa.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The story goes that, when a Roman general returned victorious and rode in a chariot in a triumphant procession through the streets of Rome, a slave would stand behind the general and, as the people cheered and flowers were strewn in his path, the slave would whisper to the general "sic transit gloria mundi"-- "all glory is fleeting."
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It actually means “all *worldly* glory is fleeting,” distinguished from divine glory. I’m familiar with it from papal processions (as Popes too need to be reminded of the fact sometimes; sometimes they listen).

a less theistic version might be Frost’s “nothing gold can stay,” though even that was a meditation on felix culpa.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List