Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Bolt Gun setups

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    My one + only precision bolt gun. Bergara Premier HMR Pro in 6.5 CM w/Seekins 20 MOA rail, Magpul Pro 700 chassis, Brownells MPO 5-25 in Seekins rings with a MKE machining scope level, cheapo Defender caps. Harris Bipod which will be the next thing I upgrade. Paired with a Resonator 2 that is dedicated to the rifle.

Last edited by Nephrology; 10-25-2022 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    This year I was finally able to build my first personal precision rifle build and I've already made some changes which I believe it is nearly complete now. -Richard
    Beauty! You have to shoot that thing at the NRL Hunter match down in Arbuckle, It would be an insult to your rifle not to. I am going to try to make it down to that match come hell or high water. I really enjoy the find it, range it, engage it format of the NRL Hunter matches. I plan on shooting most within driving distance.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimichanga View Post
    Beauty! You have to shoot that thing at the NRL Hunter match down in Arbuckle, It would be an insult to your rifle not to. I am going to try to make it down to that match come hell or high water. I really enjoy the find it, range it, engage it format of the NRL Hunter matches. I plan on shooting most within driving distance.
    It's definitely a goal eventually, I need some more practice and training before I decide to embarrass myself on the national stage
    We are hosting the match again, so I'll probably drop by one of the days. We're also planning to head over to Arbuckle this weekend so I can try this new setup.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    My one + only precision bolt gun. Bergara Premier HMR Pro in 6.5 CM w/Seekins 20 MOA rail, Magpul Pro 700 chassis, Brownells MPO 5-25 in Seekins rings with a MKE machining scope level, cheapo Defender caps. Harris Bipod which will be the next thing I upgrade. Paired with a Resonator 2 that is dedicated to the rifle.

What is your assessment of the Brownells MPO optic?

How does it track?
    Repeatability?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    What is your assessment of the Brownells MPO optic?

How does it track?
    Repeatability?

TIA
    I haven’t had the chance to shoot it a ton. @LittleLebowski owns a couple and probably can answer your Qs

Build quality is subjectively excellent and the glass is very nice for the money. However haven’t really done a ton to dialing with it. I can try to test out tracking next time I hit the range

I haven’t had the chance to shoot it a ton. @LittleLebowski owns a couple and probably can answer your Qs

Build quality is subjectively excellent and the glass is very nice for the money. However haven’t really done a ton to dialing with it. I can try to test out tracking next time I hit the range
    I thought you had a Vortex PST 2. Did you not like it?

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I thought you had a Vortex PST 2. Did you not like it?
    I did have one (still have one thats on one of my precision ARs) but it had an issue that required warranty work - the sunshade somehow got torqued on far tighter than desirable and when I tried to remove it the front cap of the objective unscrewed with it - so I returned it for a full refund and put the $$ towards the MPO.

Nothing wrong with the PST but this gun was pretty spendy so I reasoned a few hundred more to upgrade to JOL made glass was worthwhile. Eventually (not any time soon) I will upgrade to something even nicer than that but no rush. The MPO is more than adequate for my level of skill with precision rifles (nearly zero).

Sounds good

Thank you.

Got it. I think the set up you have will last you a while. I am not a high speed rifle shooter, but I do have the Vortex PST 2 on a gun and it was fine in the class I took. It was only out to 600 yards, though. The dialing I did was minimal and it was fine.

Thanks!

User Tag List