Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Current top CCW belt options?

As a lean guy, was tough for me to find a belt that could support the AIWB carry without printing around my waist like a hula hoop.

Blue Alpha EDC belt has the been the best I've found so far.
    https://www.bluealphabelts.com/produ...file-edc-belt/

G19.3
    Spare pmag
    JMCK 2.0 Holster
    Mastermind Tactics mag pouch
    Blue Alpha Low Profile EDC belt

So far all the usual suspects have been mentioned. I own belts from Wilderness, Graith / Mastermind, Bigfoot, etc but the perfect belts for me have been Kore. They don't get much love here maybe because they don't support / advertise here. For AIWB the Kore Tactical Nylon is a bit over-built rated at 8lbs but the Buffalo leather strap paired with an X7 "appendix" buckle has been perfection for me. In over a year wearing it 7 days a week it's still like new with almost no sign of wear. The ability to make small adjustments on the go without even lifting my shirt has been great. I'll never wear a velcro belt again.

I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned here before, but for the past ~2 years, I've been using an EDC Belt Co "foundation belt".
    Stiff in the front, but pliable in the back. Uses a simple double loop buckle that is very low profile.

Made in Oklahoma. Stitching is very well done and there is enough velcro to adjust. The little details are well-executed.

Bryan Eastridge is also a cop and had a good podcast, "Off Duty On Duty".

A good belt (unless you're doing Enigma things) is really the foundation of safe AIWB.

http://instagram.com/p/CKO1saqL8tw/

Site Supporter
    Larry T Says-

"They don't get much love here maybe because they don't support / advertise here"

I would respectfully assert that Kore does not get "much love" here because of the following below. Many Vendors get much love here and advertise little or not at all.

1. your satisfaction with the Kore product is not the norm relative to other brands by many here

2. they are made overseas and they are not particularly transparent about it (this FAQ is buried in about 50+ other FAQs)

3. they claim to manufacture overseas to save money for the consumer but their price point does not reflect that IMHO.

4. from their website:
    "All of our products are designed, proto-typed, tested and assembled at our headquarters in San Diego, California. While you might not expect it, our belts, sunglasses, wallets, watches, backpacks and knives have many parts (buckles, springs, pins, screws, power-core, leather, nylon webbing, nylon fabrics, lenses, steel, zippers, etc) and each is made at a different factory. We pride ourselves on using superior quality parts, sourced from factories in the United States, Italy, Switzerland, Taiwan, Mexico and several Asian countries."

When companies say "Asian countries" without listing them, imho, they mean the People Republic of China but do not want to say so. Buying from the PRC is a hard pass when it is avoidable, comparable goods are available and remotely affordable. I understand that affordability is different for everyone and there are some spaces that have been completely dominated by the PRC.

If Kore works for you. Great and drive on.

I would submit that an equal or superior made in USA product can be sourced relative to any belt they are selling in terms of fit/finish/function/quality/value.

YMMV greatly.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Larry T Says-

"They don't get much love here maybe because they don't support / advertise here"

I would respectfully assert that Kore does not get "much love" here because of the following below. Many Vendors get much love here and advertise little or not at all.

1. your satisfaction with the Kore product is not the norm relative to other brands by many here

2. they are made overseas and they are not particularly transparent about it (this FAQ is buried in about 50+ other FAQs)

3. they claim to manufacture overseas to save money for the consumer but their price point does not reflect that IMHO.

4. from their website:
    "All of our products are designed, proto-typed, tested and assembled at our headquarters in San Diego, California. While you might not expect it, our belts, sunglasses, wallets, watches, backpacks and knives have many parts (buckles, springs, pins, screws, power-core, leather, nylon webbing, nylon fabrics, lenses, steel, zippers, etc) and each is made at a different factory. We pride ourselves on using superior quality parts, sourced from factories in the United States, Italy, Switzerland, Taiwan, Mexico and several Asian countries."

When companies say "Asian countries" without listing them, imho, they mean the People Republic of China but do not want to say so. Buying from the PRC is a hard pass when it is avoidable, comparable goods are available and remotely affordable. I understand that affordability is different for everyone and there are some spaces that have been completely dominated by the PRC.

If Kore works for you. Great and drive on.

I would submit that an equal or superior made in USA product can be sourced relative to any belt they are selling in terms of fit/finish/function/quality/value.

YMMV greatly.
    I waited a few days before posting in this thread because I knew you would chime in. As stated before, all things being equal, "made in the USA" is preferred. Thing is, all things aren't equal. If you know of an equal or superior ratcheting belt made in the USA in terms of fit / finish / function / quality / value, tell me who it is and I'll place an order today. Otherwise it's just more passive bullying and virtue signaling.

Though you've already made the purchase, I'll throw in another favorable suggestion to the Tenicor Zero. It's comfortable, holds what it needs to well and there's no loud velcro to deal with (big plus IMO).
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Larry T says:

"...Otherwise it's just more passive bullying and virtue signaling."

Snowflake much? Are you really feeling bullied by my comments which I caveat as opinions (YMMV)?

Folks kill me when they thrown shade ( i.e. Kore does not get much love here (on the PF ) because they do not advertise...) get called on it and then cop an attitude.

To repeat: if your Kore belt works for you rock on. But if you think it is in the same realm as a Made in the USA Wilderness belt in terms of quality and performance over the long haul, in my opinion, based on my direct and vicarious experience, you are mistaken.

Made in the USA Ratcheting Gunbelt

https://blackbeardbelts.com/collecti...anger-gun-belt
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned here before, but for the past ~2 years, I've been using an EDC Belt Co "foundation belt".
    Stiff in the front, but pliable in the back. Uses a simple double loop buckle that is very low profile.

Made in Oklahoma. Stitching is very well done and there is enough velcro to adjust. The little details are well-executed.

Bryan Eastridge is also a cop and had a good podcast, "Off Duty On Duty".

A good belt (unless you're doing Enigma things) is really the foundation of safe AIWB.
    Thanks for this one...

Although my Mastermind is stiff in the back, I've not found it to be any problem for me. However, if I wear it with the tail over the holster clips for concealment, with the buckle roughly centered, the holster actually rides on a soft part of the belt. And again, that's not been any performance problem, but, I'd be interested to try the Foundation to see if those two "improvements" make a noticeable difference to me...

The newest version of Masterminds hook and loop is pretty much magic.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

...Made in the USA Ratcheting Gunbelt

https://blackbeardbelts.com/collecti...anger-gun-belt
    Half inch adjustment vs quarter inch adjustment, $100 vs $60. Yeah, they're exactly the same. Try again.

Larry T says:

"...Otherwise it's just more passive bullying and virtue signaling."

Snowflake much? Are you really feeling bullied by my comments which I caveat as opinions (YMMV)?

I appreciate you trying to sell me on seeing your side of this issue but I'm full-grown and have been for quite a long time and don't require your help in establishing my purchasing philosophy. The next time I post something you disagree with, feel free to let me wallow in my ignorance. I won't be offended.

User Tag List