Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Current top CCW belt options?

Quote Originally Posted by heyyouduh View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Tenicor zero heavy belt? Alot of info on the regular Zero belt, none that I could find regarding the heavy. Wanting to carry a steel Staccato P with 2 spare magazines iwb maybe 4-5o clock but from searching it seems like the regular Zero belt will not support the weight. TIA.
    Covered in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Covered in this thread.
    Thank you. Not sure how I managed to miss an entire thread dedicated to it. I'm looking for, ideally, an EDC belt that can carry up to the weight of a steel framed staccato P and 2 20 round magazines in either IWB or OWB. Thinking about the Heavy Zero or the Ciguera Emissary

Thinking about the Heavy Zero or the Ciguera Emissary
    No personal experience with the Heavy or the Emissary, but I'm immediately turned off by the fixed sizing adjustment on the latter. Being able to fine-tune the sizing is something I consider a necessity these days, especially carrying appendix where a tiny adjustment can mean a big difference in both concealment and comfort. Even when I was carrying behind-the-hip IWB, I appreciated the ability to make those micro adjustments when I switched from a traditional holed belt to an Ares Ranger with no fixed sizing.

Have you looked at the current Ares offerings? The Aegis—and especially the Aegis Enhanced—are on the stiffer side while still being infinitely adjustable. The last belt I used before switching to appendix was an Aegis Enhanced, which provided plenty of support for a VP9 plus two extended spare mags (not as heavy as a Staccato, obviously). Also consider the CSM version of the Wilderness Instructor Belt. It's a classic but still very popular for good reason.
    Last edited by Casey; 01-11-2024 at 02:07 PM.

No personal experience with the Heavy or the Emissary, but I'm immediately turned off by the fixed sizing adjustment on the latter. Being able to fine-tune the sizing is something I consider a necessity these days, especially carrying appendix where a tiny adjustment can mean a big difference in both concealment and comfort. Even when I was carrying behind-the-hip IWB, I appreciated the ability to make those micro adjustments when I switched from a traditional holed belt to an Ares Ranger with no fixed sizing.

Have you looked at the current Ares offerings? The Aegis—and especially the Aegis Enhanced—are on the stiffer side while still being infinitely adjustable. The last belt I used before switching to appendix was an Aegis Enhanced, which provided plenty of support for a VP9 plus two extended spare mags (not as heavy as a Staccato, obviously). Also consider the CSM version of the Wilderness Instructor Belt. It's a classic but still very popular for good reason.
    I have heard of both brands and briefly saw clips of them - and I believe Wilderness Tactical makes Tenicore belts iirc. I'll do a deep dive on them. Thank you for the ideas.

Completely agree re: infinite adjustment!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Anyone have experience with the Tenicor zero heavy belt? Alot of info on the regular Zero belt, none that I could find regarding the heavy. Wanting to carry a steel Staccato P with 2 spare magazines iwb maybe 4-5o clock but from searching it seems like the regular Zero belt will not support the weight. TIA.
    It's my favorite of the bunch. Went from a Zero to the Zero underbelt. Switched to the Heavy as soon as it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    It's my favorite of the bunch. Went from a Zero to the Zero underbelt. Switched to the Heavy as soon as it came out.
    What do you carry on it if you don't be asking? Just trying to get an idea of how much it can carry

Site Supporter
    What do you carry on it if you don't be asking? Just trying to get an idea of how much it can carry
    Either Zero is good for my X-Macro, reload and Amtac Minuteman. People seem to forget it's not just what's on the belt. I also carry a lot of other stuff including a snub in my pockets.

User Tag List