Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are .22 j frames impossible to find?

Why are .22 j frames impossible to find?

Did I miss something? Trying to find either a S&W or Ruger .22lr j frame revolver in stock is pretty much impossible. Found one site that claimed it was in stock until I ordered it… 😑

I’m not typically a wheel gun guy so what’s the deal with these?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Did I miss something? Trying to find either a S&W or Ruger .22lr j frame revolver in stock is pretty much impossible. Found one site that claimed it was in stock until I ordered it… 😑

My guess is that S&W remains tone-deaf and/or obtuse when it comes to making enough of the "staple" .22 revolvers, let alone venturing into such arcane exotica as - the horror! - no-lock, plain vanilla 640's. Perhaps they are afraid that one or two won't sell out on any given run instantly.

I am personally convinced that I will die before they make the latter again; if they somehow make a liar out of me, I am still reasonably confident that I won't see one waiting for me in a retail case.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....63-no-dash-750

Can’t afford it, or I would have already bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...13&PageSize=96

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    let alone venturing into such arcane exotica as - the horror! - no-lock, plain vanilla 640's. Perhaps they are afraid that one or two won't sell out on any given run instantly.

I am personally convinced that I will die before they make the latter again.
    I’d probably buy two immediately if they ever did, and I’ve told S&W that numerous times over these many years.

I saw a new 317 in the case at a local shop the other day... But I am not all that interested in new S&W guns. A 317 would make a decent companion to the 3" model 60 I have.

I wish they would offer a bodyguard . 22, .22 Mag for pocket carry.

I'm about a quarter inch from ordering one of these. My LCP2 .22 is just a tad too finicky.
    I did break 1 second for a 3 shot FTS from the pocket at 3 yards into an IPSC target with it. That oughtta reset an OODA loop.

Site Supporter
    You could look at the Shooting Industry website and find the production figures of various caliber revolvers. I remember seeing there that the 32s were only produced in the few thousands, which is why they are rare. Wonder what the SW production figures for the 22s and 22 mags are?

User Tag List