Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Requesting Comparisons and Experiences With Glock G30 and G30S

Requesting Comparisons and Experiences With Glock G30 and G30S

While I've got a perfectly serviceable G21 and an adequate supply of magazines, the new Washington magazine capacity law limiting new magazine acquisitions to 10 rounder has me considering a G30 or a G30S. I'm interest in hearing thoughts and experiences on either, and which is preferable.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I can't help with the 30S but I've had a Gen 3 G30SF for about ten years. After a short (two magazines) break in, it's run flawlessly and has just under 5000 rounds through it with maybe 1000 rounds of various hollow points. It's one of the most accurate Glocks I've ever owned - used it in a local GSSF match several years ago and came within one shot of cleaning the course while picking up a win in Am Major Sub. It's very soft shooting, (subjectively) more so than my 1911 with the same 185 or 230 ball ammo. From my perspective, you can't go wrong with it.
    Regards, Ted

Following with interest. I had a G36 years ago (awful) and have been waiting to see what Glock does with large frame Gen5s before I decide if I need a 30S.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I've owned both, and the 30S is my choice, without question. I say this after owning a Gen3 G30. Great pistol, but too large in the hand for weak hand work. The 30S reduces the trigger reach a bit, and it presents a lot faster.

It is snappy with anything overloaded, but standard pressure HST is fine. Critical Duty +P had a bit more flip, but nothing compared to some lesser brand stuff that was flattening primers. It does have more oomph than the 9mm, and you know it, but I actually shoot it better than a 19 (my day for heresy, I know).

It's a dream to carry and conceal, especially with a nine round magazine. It can be easily concealed in a pocket holster in tac trousers.

In sum, I'd say it wins on everything but ammo cost.
    Last edited by gruntjim; 10-14-2022 at 03:39 PM.

I personally like the grip texture of a Gen 4 Glock 30. Helps me hold a more secure grip compared to my Gen 3 21 which has less texture. Now I do like the narrower slide on my G41 (1") as compared to the G21 (1.12"). It's a noticeable difference and makes the 41 seem more svelte?? These slide widths were from the Glock website.
    Last edited by JAH 3rd; 10-14-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I personally like the grip texture of a Gen 4 Glock 30. Helps me hold a more secure grip compared to my Gen 3 21 which has less texture. Now I do like the narrower slide on my G41 (1") as compared to the G21 (1.12"). It's a noticeable difference and makes the 41 seem more svelte?? These slide widths were from the Glock website.
    My understanding is that the G41 will fit in a G34 holster, too. While I'm sure that's the case with a leather/horsehide holster with it's inherent flex, I'm curious if a G41 will also fit in a kydex G34 holster.

But I digress (Squirrel!)

It's looking like I'm narrowing things down to either a Gen4 G30, or a G30S if I decide to go this route.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I have a gen 3 G30 with ameriglo CAP sights. It needs a 6 o clock hold and even so still shoots a bit high.

But it is every bit the equal in accuracy to most any factory 1911 extant.

It's phenomenal.

Seriously buy one if you can.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Having only briefly played with the 30s and Glock .45s in general before I decided to stick with 9s, I’d suggest a different route. I personally disliked the 19 size, but 26 length grip. My plan at the time was to get two 21s, and chop one down to a 30 magazine length, but replacing the baseplate on the 30 magazine with a 21 baseplate. So the 21 frame length would be similar to a 19 length at that point. First saw the idea from Bowie Customs.

How about an HK45c ?

User Tag List