Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Smith 3rd gen resurrection rumors

And just for fun, flashback to @Tamara’s 2018 5906 experience. Advertisement from the original.

Name:  A030C3DA-E824-430B-B616-2417A6416087.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  47.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You can resurrect t them yourself with these:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/959543462

Attachment 99457
    That's, what? A 10% receiver? 20%?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    That's, what? A 10% receiver? 20%?
    I’m thinking about 250%.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The coolest 3rd Gen ever!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

I can’t argue with that.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I can’t argue with that.
    Nor can anyone else. I almost bought one at the time, but got distracted by life and bills and misguided sense of responsibility.

It is only my opinion that the .45 CQB version of the 4563 is the coolest 3rd Gen ever built. That said, the pistol is extremely accurate. I know I have mentioned it here before, but the only other gun that I have shot that shoots like it, is this Baer Premier 2 that has a guarantee to shoot 1.5 " or better groups at 50 yards. The fact that S&W is an aluminum framed gun and shoots like the Baer is just amazing to me. I cannot confirm that it can shoot 1.5" 50 yard groups though, because with irons sights, I am just not capable of such accuracy. That said, it punches little tiny groups every time I shoot it.

For what it’s worth I’ve recently noticed that more spare parts seem to be available for the third gen pistols lately.

Site Supporter
    It is only my opinion that the .45 CQB version of the 4563 is the coolest 3rd Gen ever built. That said, the pistol is extremely accurate. I know I have mentioned it here before, but the only other gun that I have shot that shoots like it, is this Baer Premier 2 that has a guarantee to shoot 1.5 " or better groups at 50 yards. The fact that S&W is an aluminum framed gun and shoots like the Baer is just amazing to me. I cannot confirm that it can shoot 1.5" 50 yard groups though, because with irons sights, I am just not capable of such accuracy. That said, it punches little tiny groups every time I shoot it.

Beautiful gun. And I believe it shoots as well as a Baer. The PC 3rd gens are so cool. I always wanted one of the two-tone Shorty 9s.

I actually had a PC Shorty .40 for a minute. I'm sure it was a tack driver, but I didn't really "take" to it. The edge/corner of the slightly wider .40 frame hit my trigger finger in a weird way that made it kinda uncomfortable (compared to a 69XX/59XX, anyway). Plus, it had aftermarket sights that (for me) shot reeaally low... and it had a failure to feed with one type of ammo. As much as a I paid for it, I really wanted to love it. I didn't. So, I didn't bother keeping it around to find ways around those quirks.

And while I realize it's not on the level of a PC 3rd gen (and neither am I), my 4506-1 has yet to disappoint me at the range.

Name:  IMG_0543.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  31.7 KBName:  8F5E20A8-E0FF-4E04-9210-413EAD544A36.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  38.7 KB

I shoot my 5906 and 6904 pretty well, too. But the 4506-1 feels more accurate, just generally speaking. In my hands, I think it's the most accurate 3rd gen I've had.

Right now, I have an irrational desire to own a 4040PD. Because... scandium, bro. And the dustover has coolly raked angle to it.

Last edited by MattyD380; 05-13-2023 at 12:02 AM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Jerry Miculek shoots his S&W 5906 Performance Shop Mexican Special Forces pistol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXwLi3qKD0w

User Tag List