Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith 3rd gen resurrection rumors

Site Supporter

Smith 3rd gen resurrection rumors

Saw this on the Smith forum:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...ng-back-2.html

Think it’s actually a possibility?

I’d love to see a new line of metal DA/SA autos from Smith. Whether they’re faithful copies of the originals or more “4th gens” with evolutionary changes… I’d probably buy one. Though my preference would honestly be for something closer to the latter. I think something like a 6906 with G10 grips, modern sights and less pokey levers would make a solid case for itself.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Update the CS9, use a CSX mag, ameriglo sights and get rid of the shitty hogue grip, sit back and sell the xxxx out of them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Update the CS9, use a CSX mag, ameriglo sights and get rid of the shitty hogue grip, sit back and sell the xxxx out of them.
    Word. I’d buy one.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

4506, 4576, 1006, 1076…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    The steel guns were heavy, a fact that might inhibit sales in today's market.

5906 + Polymer frame + Decocker (no safety) = just take my money

The 3rd Gen S&Ws are more popular now than when they were when in production, and they are only popular as a niche interest now.

To produce them now, expect a hefty price tag.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    The steel guns were heavy, a fact that might inhibit sales in today's market.
    Hell… The S&W 3rd Gen alloy guns were heavy.

I had a 4053 that pulled my pants down on the regular. Nearly 40 ounces IIRC.

A fully loaded Glock 23 was 25% less in weight, had three more rounds and shot way better for me.

The 3rd Gens belong in the past. RIP.

Site Supporter
    No optic readiness, no rail, heavy as heck and TDA?

Just isn't the way the world is headed friends.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The 3rd Gen S&Ws are more popular now than when they were when in production, and they are only popular as a niche interest now.

To produce them now, expect a hefty price tag.
    I'm guessing SIG P210 money at least. My 4006 served me well during a particularly bad day at work, but if I had SIG P210 money, I'd buy something like a SIG P210.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List