Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith 3rd gen resurrection rumors

Not really interested in a new 3rd Gen.

No, now that I've said that I am wrong.

I would be VERY interested in decock only models that were optics ready and threaded. Maybe a modern variant of the MK22 Hush Puppy. And a decock only variant of the CS9 that calls out to the ASP - clear grip panels and all.

Those things would interest me, purely from the perspective of getting close enough to my "wants" without blowing huge amounts of cash.

Kind of like how a 2.5" Model 69 would scratch a Jovino itch or a new 3" Python solves my desire for an old 3" Python.

I would be down for new 10mm magazines… if they did them right (no black MIM parts), maybe something like a 1066 that I could convert to decock only like my 1006.

Make them “different” so magazines/parts don’t work… [emoji107]

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I would be down for new 10mm magazines… if they did them right (no black MIM parts), maybe something like a 1066 that I could convert to decock only like my 1006.

Make them “different” so magazines/parts don’t work… [emoji107]
    Sig has made the P220 long-slide 10mm guns in DA as well as SAO.

As for MIM on 3rd gens, the chrome action parts only looked good on the outside. Inside the gun where you couldn't see them (including on surfaces that mattered), they were horrific. Far and away the best 3rd gen trigger press I've ever felt was a late (2014-ish) all steel Houlton gun with MIM everything. Bass Pro wanted way too much for it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Sig has made the P220 long-slide 10mm guns in DA as well as SAO.

As for MIM on 3rd gens, the chrome action parts only looked good on the outside. Inside the gun where you couldn't see them (including on surfaces that mattered), they were horrific. Far and away the best 3rd gen trigger press I've ever felt was a late (2014-ish) all steel Houlton gun with MIM everything. Bass Pro wanted way too much for it.
    Have two SIGs… P228 and P938. Not paying the money for their guns. Sorry, zero interest.

I probably should get a Houlton gun… since I live there, but with the workforce in the area, I’m really not that interested. My neighbor works at S&W. Same neighbor that I had to put out a tea party (antifreeze) for the rats he attracted due to the garbage in the front yard.

Personally, zero issues with the old parts. My 1006 works perfectly.

Sorry, but if I’m going 3rd Generation… it’s going to look similar to the above.

Name:  Whiz-Wheel-6.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  71.7 KB

I'm just going to leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Name:  Whiz-Wheel-6.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  71.7 KB

I'm just going to leave this here.
    I'd like to have one of these, just for reasons.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Have two SIGs… P228 and P938. Not paying the money for their guns. Sorry, zero interest.

I probably should get a Houlton gun… since I live there, but with the workforce in the area, I’m really not that interested. My neighbor works at S&W. Same neighbor that I had to put out a tea party (antifreeze) for the rats he attracted due to the garbage in the front yard.

Personally, zero issues with the old parts. My 1006 works perfectly.

Sorry, but if I’m going 3rd Generation… it’s going to look similar to the above.
    You have one of the few things I'd call a grail.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Oh, my.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/952698629

Do not need, do not need…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Oh, my.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/952698629

Do not need, do not need…
    Nah, you dont. I promise. That decocker will fall apart if it thinks you looked at it the wrong way.

Lucky Gunner had a pretty good article on the S&W autos, complete with this awesome chart. I had good experience with my 5903...3rd Generation introduced many improvements, such as Novak sights, to the lineup.

Lucky Gunner: Guide to Smith & Wesson Semi-Auto Pistols & Their Model Numbers

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List