Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RDS On A Lever Gun

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    How much higher is your cheek weld compared to irons or a dovetail mounted RDS?
    Things are crazy here today, but I will get that number for you.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    How much higher is your cheek weld compared to irons or a dovetail mounted RDS?
    I am not sure what the distance is from the axis of the barrel of the top of the factory open rear sight is, but believe it to be generally from 3/4" to 7/8" high. The XS aperture shown puts the center of the aperture at about 1" above the bore axis. The Ultra Dot's axis is approximately 1-1/2" above the bore axis.

I have not had trouble with the Ultra Dot's height on this carbine, but would not want it any higher, thus the use of the 25mm (1") version over a 30mm version, and the regular low rings vs the QD rings. About another 1/4" higher and I would start to consider getting a lace-on gizmo to get the comb of the stock higher.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I am not sure what the distance is from the axis of the barrel of the top of the factory open rear sight is, but believe it to be generally from 3/4" to 7/8" high. The XS aperture shown puts the center of the aperture at about 1" above the bore axis. The Ultra Dot's axis is approximately 1-1/2" above the bore axis.

I have not had trouble with the Ultra Dot's height on this carbine, but would not want it any higher, thus the use of the 25mm (1") version over a 30mm version, and the regular low rings vs the QD rings. About another 1/4" higher and I would start to consider getting a lace-on gizmo to get the comb of the stock higher.
    Thanks! That helps.

User Tag List