Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Dot Sight on S&W Shield Plus OPTIC READY Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Is there anyway to identify this through a S/N range or anything? I zeroed mine at 15yds and refined at 25yds and didn't/haven't experienced any issues with POA/POI.
    Not that I’m aware of. We had several people who couldn’t adjust low enough, and when the armorer measured the components (Holosuns, plates, and slides), they determined the optic and plate were flat and the slide was tapered down toward the front. I measured one slide later and found the same. If it works then its probably within the adjustment range of the optic and you’re good. We just haven’t had that happen. It’s always been ~ 3” or more high at 15 yards.

Tannhauser,

Thanks for the information. I’ll look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Not that I’m aware of. We had several people who couldn’t adjust low enough, and when the armorer measured the components (Holosuns, plates, and slides), they determined the optic and plate were flat and the slide was tapered down toward the front. I measured one slide later and found the same. If it works then its probably within the adjustment range of the optic and you’re good. We just haven’t had that happen. It’s always been ~ 3” or more high at 15 yards.

Tannhauser,

Thanks for the information. I’ll look into that.
    Interesting... 3 of us just purchased the OR Shield Plus only to find out this and the plate problem. S&W really dropped the ball with this one. Why they did not at least include the plastic factory plates is beyond me. Now SoCalDep is confirming the machining issue that I have heard reported in other places. Wondering if it's even worth it to try the CH adapter plate or just bite the bullet and get the slide milled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethang View Post
    Interesting... 3 of us just purchased the OR Shield Plus only to find out this and the plate problem. S&W really dropped the ball with this one. Why they did not at least include the plastic factory plates is beyond me. Now SoCalDep is confirming the machining issue that I have heard reported in other places. Wondering if it's even worth it to try the CH adapter plate or just bite the bullet and get the slide milled out.
    If you buy a Holosun EPS carry, it will actually come with the correct RMSC adapter plate in the package for a factory shield or glock slimline MOS. None of my 407/507k came with it but was pleased to find it unannounced in my EPS carry box.

Necro post, has this issue with the shield been resolved with new guns? Buddy has a shield plus and just discovered the issue with a eps carry. Probably a year old gun.

User Tag List