Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric vehicles=avoiding Cstore/gas station crime

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I was kind of sniffing around the Honda Clarity PHEV sedan; about the size of an Accord, just ugly. But it did not last beyond one body style cycle. Must not have sold, maybe it was troublesome or just ugly.

I got to thinking about the RAV4 Prime, but then a friend drove us to a shooting match in a regular RAV4 which turned me off the type. I had hoped I would like it better than a CRV but did not.
    I've sat in one of those, was very comfortable for me, liked it better than hybrid Accord. Never got chance to drive one, was on top of my list to try out but never found one for sale within 5 hours distance. But we were shopping for me last year and with Covid etc car shopping was just nuts, had to settle for about my 5th/6th model choice instead of any of my top 3 or so.

I'm pretty sure it was just sales numbers, I think Honda lost out to Toyota for mostly fickle typical customer perceptions as the brand for hybrids.

BTW for anyone not aware a truly exceptional resource for deep dive on hybrids and EV WeberAuto youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/WeberAuto/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    I'm curious what model that is, VW/Audi diesel?
    2104 Mercedes E 250. The EPA killed them for some reason, even though it never smokes or smells like a diesel.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

No oil changes either...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I learned this by accident, so credit goes to dumb luck.

When pulling into the gas pump, pull slightly past the pump. This way you are not trapped between the pump and your vehicle while swiping a card and making the pump ready. This makes standing at the rear less noticeable and coupled with, taking your keys, locking the doors and having a pocket revolver makes for the security one can have while doing this task. Also, fire bad, gas vapors unhealthy yada yada yada.

I never thought of it that way. Maybe because my wife has a "Gas Genie"

User Tag List