Thread: Hornady LNL Powder Drop

Hornady LNL Powder Drop

I’ve had this Hornady AP LNL progressive press for a few months now, and overall I’m happy with it. Back when I was shopping the Dillons were extremely scarce.

I do have an issue making sure the powder volume remains consistent over a series of drops. I’ve tried keeping the knurled knob secured tightly but it seem to slip.

FYI, I’m loading 9mm with 4 grains of Alliant Power Pistol with 147 grain Bayou Bullets.

It seemed much better when I was using CPEPistol or HS6.

Your thoughts appreciated.

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I’ve had this Hornady AP LNL progressive press for a few months now, and overall I’m happy with it. Back when I was shopping the Dillons were extremely scarce.

I do have an issue making sure the powder volume remains consistent over a series of drops. I’ve tried keeping the knurled knob secured tightly but it seem to slip.

FYI, I’m loading 9mm with 4 grains of Alliant Power Pistol with 147 grain Bayou Bullets.

It seemed much better when I was using CPEPistol or HS6.

Your thoughts appreciated.

George
    Power Pistol is a flaky powder and doesn't like small charges. CFE and HS6 are ball and meter much better. This happens with all powder measure systems and is not a Hornady thing. IIRC the Hornady comes with different powder drums for pistol and rifle, make sure you are using the right one. Your best bet it to switch to a ball powder.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I agree

I agree re powder….never had a problem until I started using PP…removed it…and replaced it with Winchester Auto Comp…..

Thanks, George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

User Tag List