Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 10 round magazines for G19 & G31?

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I have had great luck with factory 10 round magazines in full sized guns. Those would be my first choice for the 31. I have had good luck with the Magpul 10 round Glock 19 magazines. As noted in a previous thread, I have found steel ammo and Glock Pmags have not worked well for me.

I would also keep an eye on the court system. There could be a change coming in November that would allow you to legally bring your normal capacity magazines into California.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I would also keep an eye on the court system. There could be a change coming in November that would allow you to legally bring your normal capacity magazines into California.

We all have our fingers crossed!

As far as blocking mags in CA, people do that. There are companies that offer products expressly for that, like:

( I’ve not used these guys, just an example )

https://www.magazineblocks.com/magen...10-15-9mm.html

The law states:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=16740

As used in this part, “large-capacity magazine” means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
    (a) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
    (b) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device.
    (c) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

What does “permanently” mean? No one knows for sure. But if the mag can be easily disassembled and the block removed, it’s probably “not permanent.”

Go to calguns…

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

Do a search for “magazine blocks” and you’ll find tons of threads.

— Michael

Site Supporter
    I shoot Glock mags or Magpul 10 rounders in a G19 or 17. Now that is with WWB and similar FMJ with no problems. Haven't seen a problem with HST or Critical Duty but haven't shot them that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post

Is this a proposed new law or rule change? I won't be heading for CA until Dec 1

Here is your ten round magazine solution.

Name:  03F0BCFA-1B53-4B4D-97AE-5C9F97025DAF.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  100.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I thought the 10-round solution for Glocks was the G48?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is your ten round magazine solution.

Name:  03F0BCFA-1B53-4B4D-97AE-5C9F97025DAF.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  100.6 KB
    Or I could just take my P365. That's sounding better each day.

I’ve had good luck with factory 10 rd mags for FMJ but would not feed JHP reliably.

Have not had any hiccups w/ JHP with magpul 10 rd mags and would personally trust those over OEM for SD 10rd use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

Most people I know (NY) have not had issues with g19 10rd oem mags and ball or hp over tons of rounds. A few local guys did have HP issues with his Gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Or I could just take my P365. That's sounding better each day.
    That is a perfect solution for Havasu, and the board shorts you will be wearing!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List