Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 10 round magazines for G19 & G31?

Best 10 round magazines for G19 & G31?

I'm thinking of taking either my G19 gen3 or G31 Gen 4 with me down to Lake Havasu this winter. Yes, I am retiring in a few weeks.

We will be spending a lot of time camping on the California side. Even though I am taking revolvers for various reasons, I am kicking around the idea to maybe take a Glock as a "house gun" for the 5th wheel. If I do I need to get a couple of 10 round mags.

I hear there are some reliability issues with OEM 10rnd mags in Glocks, particularly the G19/17. Some folks say the Magpul 10 round mags are better? Are folks having the same issued with 10 rounders in the G31 or G22?

Any advice/input would be appreciated. It's not really a big deal as I am OK with only revolvers for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I'm thinking of taking either my G19 gen3 or G31 Gen 4 with me down to Lake Havasu this winter. Yes, I am retiring in a few weeks.

We will be spending a lot of time camping on the California side. Even though I am taking revolvers for various reasons, I am kicking around the idea to maybe take a Glock as a "house gun" for the 5th wheel. If I do I need to get a couple of 10 round mags.

I hear there are some reliability issues with OEM 10rnd mags in Glocks, particularly the G19/17. Some folks say the Magpul 10 round mags are better? Are folks having the same issued with 10 rounders in the G31 or G22?

Any advice/input would be appreciated. It's not really a big deal as I am OK with only revolvers for a few months.
    I don’t know the legality of this, but a friend who lived in CA for a year for work permanently blocked a few full capacity magazines for his stay. I think he added a leg to the bottom of the follower.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The best solution I have settled on is cutting a 19 down to take OEM G26 10 round mags. If you want to go to the range in Havasu, reach out when you arrive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The best solution to the 10rnd mag ban nonsense is a Glock 26, in my experience. If you don't have a Glock 26, you're wrong.

For the G19, definitely Magpul 10 rounders.

For the G31, I'd recommend Glock OEM G22 10 round magazines. There're really aren't any other viable 10 round alternatives for the G22 and G32 other than Glock's, but fortunately the OEM ones have performed decently for me, and so far I haven't picked any negative anecdotal reports on them. The Glock .40/.357 SIG 10 rounders reportedly avoid the drama that the 10 round G17 and G19 magazines have had, especially with JHP cartridges.

It's my understanding that G22 magazines in general can be interchangeably used for .357 SIG cartridges, especially in the full-size G22/G31 platforms; reportedly there have been problems with Glock non-.357 SIG magazines in the compact G32, due to insertion issues and followers.

I've got an OEM Glock .357 SIG barrel for my Gen4 G22, and enjoy it. But since I'm a belt-and suspenders kinda guy, I also have 3 or so G31 .357 SIG OEM magazines...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t know the legality of this, but a friend who lived in CA for a year for work permanently blocked a few full capacity magazines for his stay. I think he added a leg to the bottom of the follower.
    My understanding is that is not allowed in CA. Thats the first thing I checked into.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The best solution I have settled on is cutting a 19 down to take OEM G26 10 round mags. If you want to go to the range in Havasu, reach out when you arrive.
    Thanks for the offer! I'll give you a holler

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    For the G19, definitely Magpul 10 rounders.

For the G31, I'd recommend Glock OEM G22 10 round magazines. There're really aren't any other viable 10 round alternatives for the G22 and G32 other than Glock's, but fortunately the OEM ones have performed decently for me, and so far I haven't picked any negative anecdotal reports on them. The Glock .40/.357 SIG 10 rounders reportedly avoid the drama that the 10 round G17 and G19 magazines have had, especially with JHP cartridges.

It's my understanding that G22 magazines in general can be interchangeably used for .357 SIG cartridges, especially in the full-size G22/G31 platforms; reportedly there have been problems with Glock non-.357 SIG magazines in the compact G32, due to insertion issues and followers.

I've got an OEM Glock .357 SIG barrel for my Gen4 G22, and enjoy it. But since I'm a belt-and suspenders kinda guy, I also have 3 or so G31 .357 SIG OEM magazines...
    Funny, I have an OEM .40 S&W mag for my Gen4 G31! LOL What about the OEM 10 round G31 mags? are they good to go also? Should be the same the same thing I would think.

Funny, I have an OEM .40 S&W mag for my Gen4 G31! LOL What about the OEM 10 round G31 mags? are they good to go also? Should be the same the same thing I would think.
    I'd assume, but I'd personally verify just to make sure. I haven't to the best of my recollection run any .357 SIG through the G22 .40 10 round magazines yet, but I'm about 98% certain they'll run fine-I haven't felt compelled to run out and get any 10 round Glock G31 magazines.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I have a couple 10 round magsfor my P365XL's as a travel solution. Obviously the standard P365 would work great in this role as well, that's just a more specialized gun for me and I prefer the longer grip of the XL. I personally don't trust any 10 round options for the G19.

User Tag List