Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best 10 round magazines for G19 & G31?

I’m interested in 10 round 9mm Glock mags as well, but for use in a Ruger PC Carbine.

If the PC Carbine will take G26 mags then that’s probably the answer. If it won’t, it would appear from the above that the Magpul 10-rounders are the next best thing?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’m interested in 10 round 9mm Glock mags as well, but for use in a Ruger PC Carbine.

If the PC Carbine will take G26 mags then that’s probably the answer. If it won’t, it would appear from the above that the Magpul 10-rounders are the next best thing?
    The reliability of the standard capacity Magpul Glock mags never left me with that much confidence in them from firsthand observation. I don't know why the 10 rounders would be better in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    The reliability of the standard capacity Magpul Glock mags never left me with that much confidence in them from firsthand observation. I don't know why the 10 rounders would be better in that regard.
    As I recall, Magpul made some production running changes to the standard capacity magazines for the G17 to address issue areas; presumably those changes found their way to their 10-rounders from the onset.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    As I recall, Magpul made some production running changes to the standard capacity magazines for the G17 to address issue areas; presumably those changes found their way to their 10-rounders from the onset.

Best, Jon
    It's been a while since I've been able to observe Magpul Glock mags being used in numbers with good round counts, so hopefully those running changes corrected the issues I saw. A good ban compliant 10 rounder would be nice. I still like the idea of a G19 with the grip chopped to take G26 10rd mags. Combine that with a Pierce +0 magazine floorplate extension, and I gotta think it'd make it pretty close to a standard G19... at least that's what I remember thinking when putting the 12 round OEM G26 mags in my 26.

The Ruger PCC does indeed work with the Glock 26 magazine. Personal experience.
    My apologies to weasels.

Not to repeat myself, but what about the Glock 43x/48, it being a Glock designed to use 10rd mags? For lack of a better word, and perhaps this is too harsh, but it seems to be largely disregarded around here as an equal to other hard-use 9mm Glocks.
    I'm simply curious if there's a reason. I've seen words here and there about FBI testing, but have not been able to find anything concrete.

Site Supporter
    Another Rugers work with G26 mag report.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Not to repeat myself, but what about the Glock 43x/48, it being a Glock designed to use 10rd mags? For lack of a better word, and perhaps this is too harsh, but it seems to be largely disregarded around here as an equal to other hard-use 9mm Glocks.
    I'm simply curious if there's a reason. I've seen words here and there about FBI testing, but have not been able to find anything concrete.
    To me, the G48 just felt too slab-sided and thin, although it's hardly something I couldn't get quickly used to. I just prefer the ergos of the G19/G17, with the magazine capacity (or relative lack thereof in the case of the 10 rounders) a far secondary issue.

What might be interesting (at least for me) would be a G48 with a Hogue HandAll Beavertail sleeve, that might be a good combination (but at this point I don't have suitable incentivization to spend the money for the platform).

Best, Jon

I would block oem standard cap mags.

Gen 5 10 rounds for a g19 seem to run too (have 3 working fine)

User Tag List