Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bedside safe or lock box

Site Supporter
    I have a Shotlock Solo Vault with a Simplex lock that fits a large RDS/WML pistol, and a V-Line simplex rifle safe of some kind made for police cruisers that I use as a closet AR safe. Very happy with both.

I had the same needs as you, Stop Box was kinda my entry to safes and I'm a stickler for mechanical locks.

We have on like the FtKnox that we got maybe 20 yrs ago from Beretta. Ours holds two 92s w/ the old style 20 rnd mags. I can't be sure it would fit your gun but I can say I really like the Simplex lock. About 4 yrs in we heard a bump in the night and I was real disappointed how long it took me to get it open. Not the lock's fault at all, it was all on me. Since then I open the lock every time we hit the sack, and pull it out from under the bed. In the AM I latch the lock and shove it back under. So 15 x365 is a lot of use and it still works like new. I am very impressed w/ this simple mechanical lock. BTW I have a 3ft piece of 1/8" cable w/ the plastic coating. It is wrapped around the bed frame and each end inserted into the box through a 3/8" hole. I tie a simple overhand know in each end of the cable and there is no way it could ever be pulled out.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-3...ble/1000834076

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    FAS1 also uses the Simplex locks, but these models are mostly vertical and have a nylon holster to hold your gun.

http://www.fas1safe.com
    The company owner is (or was) a member here on PF. I have one of his also, and it's very nice. They are also expensive (get what you pay for) and heavy (not a bad thing - but shipping is expensive).

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Are those compatible with a pistol with a red dot? It doesn't look like the nylon holster would accommodate that by the pictures.
    Yes, The FAS1-TL and Magnum TL safes holsters are made to acomódate a light and/or optic.

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    Yes, The FAS1-TL and Magnum TL safes holsters are made to acomódate a light and/or optic.
    You have a nice product line, plus you’re here in TX. I need to figure out which of yours will work best in the new house.

@FAS1 , would a PM work if I have questions or would you prefer an email from the website?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have been using a FAS1 daily since 2016. I have two others that don’t get accessed as often. They all work perfectly every time. I highly recommend FAS1.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You have a nice product line, plus you’re here in TX. I need to figure out which of yours will work best in the new house.

@FAS1 , would a PM work if I have questions or would you prefer an email from the website?
    Thanks Ken. An email would be better since I don’t get here much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I’ve been using a Stopbox for a while and I like it. Problem with it is it doesn’t fit a 5” m&P with rmr and light and a mag. It’ll fit my 4” in that configuration or a g19 but anything bigger doesn’t fit. They don’t offer a larger size unless you get the $300 steel wall mounted one.

Is there an option for a non electronic bedside portable safe for full size handgun with rmr and light and extra mag ?

Thing I like with the stopbox is it’s light but strong and you can quickly press down and squeeze your fingers on the buttons. No key no electronics.

It’s not to prevent burglary. I have kids and want a bedside gun without them having access (obviously).
    Why not electronic? They’re not cheap but I’ve been super pleased with my Vaultek biometric. I had a biometric safe years ago and it was trash, the Vaultek’s bio reader has opened every time I’ve tried it and I’m definitely happy with it and plan to buy more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List