Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedside safe or lock box

Bedside safe or lock box

I’ve been using a Stopbox for a while and I like it. Problem with it is it doesn’t fit a 5” m&P with rmr and light and a mag. It’ll fit my 4” in that configuration or a g19 but anything bigger doesn’t fit. They don’t offer a larger size unless you get the $300 steel wall mounted one.

Is there an option for a non electronic bedside portable safe for full size handgun with rmr and light and extra mag ?

Thing I like with the stopbox is it’s light but strong and you can quickly press down and squeeze your fingers on the buttons. No key no electronics.

It’s not to prevent burglary. I have kids and want a bedside gun without them having access (obviously).

Both Ft. Knox & Liberty safe companies offer pistol valts/lock boxes.

Site Supporter
    I have been using this Fort Knox pistol box for almost 5 years now and it fits my full size Beretta 92 with a Surefire X300U and 2 extra mags, and my J frame (when it’s not in my pocket) and a reload for the J frame, and a pepper spray, no problem. It’s primary purpose is to keep it out of my kids hands. I did bolt it down to my night stand, which would make stealing it very awkward and inconvenient for the average smash and grab theif.Name:  985DFD90-32C7-49A8-9744-0A761DA9AF37.jpeg
Views: 494
Size:  98.5 KB

I wanted one that would accommodate a pistol with a suppressor. It will also hold a couple Glock 19's with weapon lights, so I'd think it would meet your needs. My only gripe is the piston has started to fail. It will open a bit (I can still get it open) but it hesitates. I like it enough I'm researching how to replace or repair the piston.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1?ie=UTF8&th=1

Quote Originally Posted by UncleGabby View Post
    I have been using this Fort Knox pistol box for almost 5 years now and it fits my full size Beretta 92 with a Surefire X300U and 2 extra mags, and my J frame (when it’s not in my pocket) and a reload for the J frame, and a pepper spray, no problem. It’s primary purpose is to keep it out of my kids hands. I did bolt it down to my night stand, which would make stealing it very awkward and inconvenient for the average smash and grab theif.Name:  985DFD90-32C7-49A8-9744-0A761DA9AF37.jpeg
Views: 494
Size:  98.5 KB
    Can you tell me which model that is? Thank you.

Site Supporter
    They call it the Original Pistol Box. I don’t think they have a huge variety of sizes. But I can measure mine to make sure they haven’t changed up the specs.

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have a V-Line Brute. Looks similar to the Ft. Knox. Simplex lock, holds 2 pistols, and fairly heavy for its size. Hydraulic arm aids opening and closing. Mounting bolt holes on back.

I have a V-Line "Brute" which is a great little safe. I bolted mine to the floor. I can get a G17, G19 and a J-frame in it. Simplex lock.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have a V-Line "Brute" which is a great little safe. I bolted mine to the floor. I can get a G17, G19 and a J-frame in it. Simplex lock.
    Jinx, you owe me a coke.

User Tag List