Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project Hunter; New UK Ranger Regiment KAC Rifles

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    These were field office agents, not CAT. You'd know better on the date of general adoption, but I believe those rifles shouldn't be more than a few years old.
    You may have asked them this but doubling, or unintentionally bump firing ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have a buddy who comes from the bolt gun/ LR shooting side of things who almost can’t shoot an AK or AR with a light trigger from a rest without accidentally bump firing doubles. Not saying that’s what happened with those agents/guns but he didn’t even know what was happening until I explained it to him and talked him through not doing it.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I have a buddy who comes from the bolt gun/ LR shooting side of things who almost can’t shoot an AK or AR with a light trigger from a rest without accidentally bump firing doubles. Not saying that’s what happened with those agents/guns but he didn’t even know what was happening until I explained it to him and talked him through not doing it.
    Yes. I asked because I had unintended bump fire twice and initially thought my gun was doubling.

Site Supporter
    Yes. I asked because I had unintended bump fire twice and initially thought my gun was doubling.
    Yeah, I could feel the wheels squeaking in my brain for a bit trying figure out what happened when I did an accidental bump-fire double as I was sighting in an AK with way too little pressure on the pistol grip.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I didn't ask that. I haven't shot a USSS SR16, so maybe their triggers are that short, crisp, and light that it happens.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I didn't ask that. I haven't shot a USSS SR16, so maybe their triggers are that short, crisp, and light that it happens.
    Folks that inadvertently double/bump fire guns almost never realize that they are doing it.
    KAC 2-stage triggers are designed and verified to provide a 5.0lb +/- 0.5lbs at break. That is intentional as an effort to reduce the potential to double, but it still happens.
    I've had to deal with it in the past, and when it comes to customer interactions, they really don't like it when you blame them for doing it without checking the gun out.
    That's why I recommend sending the gun to the guys that get paid to address those issues.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

User Tag List