Thread: Tube capacity for three gun shot gun?

Tube capacity for three gun shot gun?

A local club is having their first three gun match in October. What length tube should I get for my LH Benelli M2? I will probably start with a nonmagnifying sight on the M4 with hopes to get a low power variable with a red dot in the future. I wil use a G17 for the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    A local club is having their first three gun match in October. What length tube should I get for my LH Benelli M2? I will probably start with a nonmagnifying sight on the M4 with hopes to get a low power variable with a red dot in the future. I wil use a G17 for the pistol.
    I would get one that matches up with the end of the barrel or just slightly past (Nordic). Most divisions require no more than 8 in the tube, but usually at a local match you can choose to load only 8 or if you have to, you can plug it.

Site Supporter
    Most matches don't restrict total capacity anymore, only number of shells actually loaded at the start signal is restricted. I would find out what shotgun rules your local match uses before buying the extension (I've had good luck with Nordic as well). If your match only limits capacity at the start signal, I would consider getting +1 or +2 over that capacity. This generally gives you more flexibility in stage planning and makes loading easier because you are not usually compressing the spring as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    I am running a 24 inch barrel with a 9 round tube. I also have another extension I put on that sticks past the barrel that gives me 10 in the tube. With the 9 shot tube I can leave it as is for most matches and put a plug in it for USPSA matches.
    Pat

User Tag List