Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New P226 X Five?

Site Supporter

New P226 X Five?

Anyone know anything about this? New P226 X Five with an optics cut and P320 style slide profile.

https://youtube.com/shorts/U9IxrDkP54Y?feature=share

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Probably gonna be a sweet pistol, but I'm unsure of the intended market. Is this intended to compete against 2011s in either Limited or the new "Staccato Red Dot" Divisions?

Site Supporter

David S.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Probably gonna be a sweet pistol, but I'm unsure of the intended market. Is this intended to compete against 2011s in either Limited or the new "Staccato Red Dot" Divisions?
    My exact thoughts when I saw the email this morning. I kinda want one but don't know why or what for...

Does it come with a legion coin? At least this way the buyer gets something reliable from sig.

The several original X5s I own, and others I've handled, are some of the most shootable pistols I've ever come across, to include a potpourri of custom 1911s and the like.

That said their long time achilles heel has been their internal extractors, which incidentally have reached new levels of unobtainium. I have a small supply of extras for my guns, but I fear finding them is only going to get more difficult (and pricey).

So in that regard, I'm pretty excited about this new version, complete with the long external extractor (which is, in my experience, a more robust and more user serviceable design). I have hopes that perhaps replacement slides of the new design might become available. I'd like nothing more that to continue shooting the shit out of mine without fear of them getting sidelined due to lack of parts availability.

There were several references in the videos to these being more reasonably priced than the originals. I'm keenly interested in what exactly that means.

t

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Is this intended to compete against 2011s in either Limited or the new "Staccato Red Dot" Divisions?
    Those were my thoughts. When it was said that USPSA was in talks with the industry, I was thinking who in the industry had enough pull. STI makes like 15k guns a year, give or take $30 mil gross. They can probably afford to buy Jake some ammo but doubt they can be a big player. SIG has loads of cash and puts their name on every other Nationals. They knew that this was coming and that this has no use other than plinking by fanboys. Wouldn't be the first time Strader made a new division.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-04-2022 at 09:39 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post

There were several references in the videos to these being more reasonably priced than the originals. I'm keenly interested in what exactly that means.
    One site shows $2200, out of stock, of course.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    One site shows $2200, out of stock, of course.

Given the price point of the American P 210s, I was hoping for a little less expensive than that. But yes, that is certainly less expensive than the German ones. Now anyway. 😎

User Tag List