Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Glock AR15

Site Supporter
    Will the handguard have fingergrooves or do we have to wait for the third gen for that?

Will they promise to make a slimmer and more compact version later but release a larger and less compact version first?

One last one then I'm done...

What's the likelihood it throws 5.56 brass DIRECTLY in your face?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    One last one then I'm done...

What's the likelihood it throws 5.56 brass DIRECTLY in your face?
    I don't think it did in the SAS trials, but then again, they probably had firm/proper grips.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    FINALLY!

Now we can be done with the Glock carbine jokes...
    Uhhhhh...No, I think the Glock carbine jokes are really just beginning.

Personally, I can't believe they didn't come up with a Glock grip angle for the pistol grip or a trigger guard undercut to give you Glockar15 knuckle.

As for Glock's reputation....we're talking about the same company who used to take potential clients to strip clubs in Atlanta for 'wine and dine' nights? The same company where the founder is currently shacked up with a gal who is 52-years younger than him? And who deliberately hid assets in an effort to keep his ex-wife from getting much of anything from his company? The company that refused to fix ongoing accuracy and reliability issues for nigh a decade, until the FBI finally said, "Enough, we'll leave you for Sig." and then they finally start to fix them with Gen5?

I'm not really sure Glock reputation is any better than Sig or Colt or anyone else. The reality is they're a company and they need to make money. Glock handguns have been and are popular and will be. They should have diversified their product line a decade ago. But for better or worse people will buy whatever they make, because the name on the side. Hopefully, it's a good AR and comes in at a reasonable price. It would be great to have a competitor for the Colt 6920/6940 and the Smith and Wesson MP15. A Glockar15 coming in under 10-bills would be a winner.

If this rifle is not vaporware Glock took a lesson from Sig on Packaging products for institutions

OK, so I like the ambi controls and adjustable gas system. However, I can’t tell if it’s a monolithic upper and if the barrel is swappable with nothing more than a torque wrench.

I’m very interested if it is a $1200 version of my Knights Machine Tool (Knights IWS lower on a LMT MRP upper):

Name:  LMT MRP CQB #1.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  41.4 KB
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    If this rifle is not vaporware Glock took a lesson from Sig on Packaging products for institutions
    “Vertical integration” and “sole source”

I agree with you, but I’m not sure if Glock is taking a page from SIG, or if they’re being forced into it because they’re seeing more institutional solicitations mandating it.

SIG definitely has a head start on everyone else.

Smith and Wesson is trying to do the same. They have the ability to supply pistols, carbines and suppressors now that they own Gemtech. Theoretically, they have the ability to supply optics and lasers since they own Crimson trace but I have not seen anything duty grade from Crimson trace other than their laser grips.

Hell, PSA now makes carbines, pistols, with the acquisition of AAC, suppressors and ammo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    OK, so I like the ambi controls and adjustable gas system. However, I can’t tell if it’s a monolithic upper and if the barrel is swappable with nothing more than a torque wrench.

I’m very interested if it is a $1200 version of my Knights Machine Tool (Knights IWS lower on a LMT MRP upper):

Name:  LMT MRP CQB #1.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  41.4 KB
    The Glock carbine depicted in the OP definitely is not a monolithic upper. It has a hand guard that slips off to the front like a 416/MR 556 hand guard. It uses a throw lever lock instead of the cross bolt found on the 416. Apparently it’s necessary to remove the hand guard in order to adjust the adjustable gas system.

My disappointment that the first Glock carbine is not 9mm is immesaurable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    If they are looking for governmental markets, 223 makes sense and maybe the newer rifle rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Nor does it take Glock mags
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List