Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Glock AR15

While this is kinda neat and it has cool features I’m more interested in the fact that the article says Glock has two carbines only one of them being an AR.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

comprehension problems
    Last edited by CDFIII; 10-03-2022 at 02:40 PM.

ETA: quoting/replying to a post that wasn’t meant to be in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    ETA: quoting/replying to a post that wasn’t meant to be in this thread.
    my mistake. I realized my mistake after posting and was trying to delete my post. I thought he was talking import restrictions, not AWB. clearly my comprehension skills are lacking today.

Site Supporter
    If you are talking about my post, it was a comment that NYS laws would prohibit having one unless AWBs are tossed at the Scotus level. There are suits pending. I was just saying that I could use a AR-ish 223 and that this looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If you are talking about my post, it was a comment that NYS laws would prohibit having one unless AWBs are tossed at the Scotus level. There are suits pending. I was just saying that I could use a AR-ish 223 and that this looks good.
    I was.. I mistook your comment as import restrictions vs. State AWB issues. Sorry for the confusion.

Less surprised that Glock made an AR15 than that it took them this long to make…an AR15. The British contract is a pretty small one. They’ve sat out a number of sizable military contracts over the past few years. Why not submit something for the G36 replacement, for example?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Less surprised that Glock made an AR15 than that it took them this long to make…an AR15. The British contract is a pretty small one. They’ve sat out a number of sizable military contracts over the past few years. Why not submit something for the G36 replacement, for example?
    They've sat out a lot of things, and I think that has served them pretty well. It's one of my favorite things about the company and their equipment.

That said, with the Gen 5 level of development I think they're starting to see diminishing returns on perfecting Perfection (TM). It makes sense for them to branch out at this point. I just hope they maintain what they have. We don't need two SIGs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    They've sat out a lot of things, and I think that has served them pretty well. It's one of my favorite things about the company and their equipment.

That said, with the Gen 5 level of development I think they're starting to see diminishing returns on perfecting Perfection (TM). It makes sense for them to branch out at this point. I just hope they maintain what they have. We don't need two SIGs.
    I think Glock values their reputation more than Sig values Sig's reputation. As a company Glock has been very cautious and conservative about rolling out new models. I think they have room to do more and not screw everything up.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I think Glock values their reputation more than Sig values Sig's reputation. As a company Glock has been very cautious and conservative about rolling out new models. I think they have room to do more and not screw everything up.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    I think so too, but I would rather they focus on optics instead of the oversaturated rifle market.

I think they could do good work there.

User Tag List