Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “You were flagging everyone on the line with your OWB pistol”

“You were flagging everyone on the line with your OWB pistol”

Just heard this from a guy at the SnipersHide Precision rifle class I just attended (highly, highly recommended). The pistol was a Glock 48 in a Raven Perun.

I laughed and said something like “well, then all concealed carry is unsafe, then.” Homeboy didn’t say anything the rest of the class and I damn sure didn’t stop carrying, no one else said anything.

I got nothing, feels like I ran into a Fudd, but he was at least 10 years younger than I.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Just heard this from a guy at the SnipersHide Precision rifle class I just attended (highly, highly recommended). The pistol was a Glock 48 in a Raven Perun.

I laughed and said something like “well, then all concealed carry is unsafe, then.” Homeboy didn’t say anything the rest of the class and I damn sure didn’t stop carrying, no one else said anything.

I got nothing, feels like I ran into a Fudd, but he was at least 10 years younger than I.
    Wait - his complaint was that your holstered pistol was flagging people? This guy needs a nutpunch.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Wait - his complaint was that your holstered pistol was flagging people? This guy needs a nutpunch.
    Yup. Mind boggling, isn’t it?
    #RESIST

Is possibly a valid complaint if it's a holstered P320?

[emoji14]

How dare you, sir? How dare you?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Reason number 50 or 51 why open carry sucks.

Kidding aside, I don't want to be covered by someone else's muzzle. I have no idea the condition of the pistol, what mods were done to it, and the interaction between pistol and holster.

Just yesterday, I was staring at the guy's pistol, in line in front of me, wondering whether it was a 250 or 320, and remembering why I don't like a FBI cant.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Reason #9xx why “concealed means concealed,” I suppose. Yeah, I know: one would think that an actual shooting class, ostensibly filled with actual gun people, would be the last place to encourage hoplophobia, but people are going to people.

(And, tangentially, the P320 is probably reason #9xx why we can’t have nice things. I admit to giving the 320 shooters at the range the stinkeye myself because, as GJM notes, there’s no way of knowing which version is in play).
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Just when you think you have heard it all along comes bufoonery of a previously unimaginable level.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

This guy has premature Fudditis. He's doomed to a life of trying to gain status through imaginary safety violations. This type of Fudd is especially annoying because they are often too scared to confront you and will make up some bullshit story about something dangerous you did, and tell it privately in a whisper to the instructor. Fortunately most instructors are aware of this and will deal with it by saying "Shut up, fool."

But seriously, this complaint is so common that multiple times I've seen match directors and precision rifle instructors deal with it in the safety brief: If you're carrying a loaded sidearm, it needs to stay in a secure holster (preferably with retention). If at any time during the match/class, the handgun comes even an inch out of the holster, you are done. Going home. No refund.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Muzzles in holsters cover body parts regularly -- however there is a difference between my muzzle covering my body, and my muzzle covering your body.

Consider these two examples. We all know "a holstered pistol and slung rifle is safe." A guy bends over to pick up a magazine and his slung rifle's barrel covers your leg. That is considered bad style where I shoot. Sit down to dinner at home and have a pistol in a holster on the table. Do you orient the muzzle so it covers you or your guest, or avert it.

I believe that rule 2 is the single most important of the four safety rules, and while holstered handguns are generally safe, I do my best to keep muzzles from covering myself but especially others. In the example in the OP here, the guy behind should have taken a step either way so that a prone LL wasn't muzzling him.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List