Thread: Wilson Combat - Data Breach

Wilson Combat - Data Breach

Just received a letter from Wilson Combat. Looks like their online shopping subcontractor was infiltrated by malware from September 17, 2020 to February 3, 2022. Information stolen includes First Name, Last Name, Credit Card #, Expiration, CVV2, Billing Address, Gift Certificate Data, and Transaction Details. Searching the web, folks started getting notification letters around 10 to 14 days ago. So my notice is later than some. Hadn't seen it discussed at P-F yet though so sharing the heads up. Might explain card fraud my bank caught around February or so (they stopped the transaction and issued a new card). I had ordered a case of ammo from Wilson during the ammo drought sometime in 2021. Photo of the letter (in part):

Name:  Wilson Breach.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  96.3 KB
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

The apparent frequency of these events across the board tempt me to revert to, cash, check, or MO. What a PITA

I got the letter, too - and my card was jacked a few months ago. My card provider caught it, and a new number was issued. What a pain the ass, but this isn’t Wilson’s fault.

I need to look at disposable numbers for on-line transactions.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List