Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New DA/SA Carry Gun LTT PX4 CC vs LTT P30sk

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post
    Looking to pick up a new DA/SA carry gun.

Thinking about two options:
    1) LTT PX4 CC
    2) LTT P30sk

Other info:
    1. I carry AIWB
    2. I don’t currently nor do I plan on using a red dot on my pistols
    3. I like gussied up langdon guns. My LTT 92 centurion is my HD gun
    4. I have pretty big hands and don’t like guns that don’t give me a full grip. Even a g19 is a little short for me unless I add an undercut. From playing around at the store I believe a P30sk with 13rnd mags would work we for me. I carried a p2000 for a while many years ago and really liked it. I don’t know that I have never held a PX4 CC

Anyone with feedback on the two?

Thanks
    Amurr
    I dont think you will like either based on what you said. Both have grips that are shorter that a G19 or equal to a G19. HK version of DA/SA is suboptimal compared to Beretta, and the PX4CC is gonna be close enough to a 92 for you to have some cross compatibility. I carried a PX4CC for years and honestly think the PX4 is way underrated but I also recently switched to a G26.5 with the 12 round mag because I wanted something that concealed better in summer. Lo and behold I shoot the 26.5 well enough that I’m thinking of just carrying it 100% of the time and being done.

Of the choices you gave, I’d do the PX4CC, but if you’re open to more I’d do a full sized P30 in LEM or a 92 Centurion, or a 92 full size, or even a full size PX4 Carry (if LTT still offers that) based on what you said about hands.

Looking to pick up a new DA/SA carry gun.

Thinking about two options:
    1) LTT PX4 CC
    2) LTT P30sk

Anyone with feedback on the two?

Thanks
    Amurr
    I agree on the thought that the PX4 and 92 have similar enough controls for me to lean that way. But you can compare them to what you like with a site like this:
    www.handgunhero.com

Site Supporter
    Either pistol is fine. I have a non-LTT version of each and like them both. Beretta triggers are outstanding and tracking my sights is easier with the PX4. Subjectively, I like the P30 line more than the PX4. Anyway, I think it's a win-win choice. Buy whichever is cheapest.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

If you like the P2000, why not just get that? It would solve the problem of the P30SK grip being too small.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    If you like the P2000, why not just get that? It would solve the problem of the P30SK grip being too small.
    I would love that if made one with the LTT trigger job. Seems that’s only offered in some weird California version ?

I would love that if made one with the LTT trigger job. Seems that’s only offered in some weird California version ?
    I don’t think it’s a California specific version, but that the P2000 is on the California roster of approved handguns so it is legal to sell in California.

It seems worth a call to see if they'd do a non-Cali p2000 (wouldn't that just be standard cap mags?) or at least do trigger work on a gun you supplied.

Hammertime
    You can't go wrong with this decision, but I feel the P30sk is a better pistol, and I vastly prefer how HK implements the decocker on the back of the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I don’t think it’s a California specific version, but that the P2000 is on the California roster of approved handguns so it is legal to sell in California.
    I can't edit this, but after looking at their site it looks like they are only accepting orders for the P2000 if you live in California. I imagine this is due to the process they have worked out where they ship you the gun, wait for you to take possession, then ship it back so they can perform the custom work, then send it back to you. They may have more flexibility if you call them, or they have an option to customize your own if you send it in.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    One year necro bump. Back from the dead just in time for Halloween.

I'm curious of the collective thoughts on this topic give the recent resurgence of the PX4.

I'd also like to include HK LEM guns in the conversation. Does the fact that you can order either a Beretta or an HK from Langdon Tactical with upgrades and customization sway your decision making process at all?

I have a lot of experience with striker guns and a good amount of experience with LEM guns. I have always wanted to dabble in the world of TDA but have never made the plunge. I am currently weighing a PX4CC vs. P30SK LEM as a dedicated appendix gun. I shoot strictly Glocks and revolvers currently.

User Tag List