Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New DA/SA Carry Gun LTT PX4 CC vs LTT P30sk

New DA/SA Carry Gun LTT PX4 CC vs LTT P30sk

Looking to pick up a new DA/SA carry gun.

Thinking about two options:
    1) LTT PX4 CC
    2) LTT P30sk

Other info:
    1. I carry AIWB
    2. I don’t currently nor do I plan on using a red dot on my pistols
    3. I like gussied up langdon guns. My LTT 92 centurion is my HD gun
    4. I have pretty big hands and don’t like guns that don’t give me a full grip. Even a g19 is a little short for me unless I add an undercut. From playing around at the store I believe a P30sk with 13rnd mags would work we for me. I carried a p2000 for a while many years ago and really liked it. I don’t know that I have never held a PX4 CC

Anyone with feedback on the two?

Thanks
    Amurr

Site Supporter
    I do not have experience with any LTT guns, but logic says that if your HD gun is the Beretta 92, then your carry gun being the PX4 would be more similar than your carry gun being the P30. Similar/identical operational controls makes sense to me, so that is what I would pick.

Which is why my carry guns are a G26 and a JFrame, and my HD guns are a G19X and Kframes: similar/identical operation.

If your hands can’t comfortably fit on a G19 frame, I think you’ll find a PX4CC too short as well. It’s been years since I’ve owned one but I remember the frame being about G19 size or slightly smaller.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    If it has to be DA/SA, I’d stick with the PX4. I’ve got large enough hands that I don’t really like the g19, even though though I can still shoot pretty well with it. The PX4 is a tad shorter but is light enough recoiling and shoots so well that it doesn’t really matter. The trigger on those can also be really, really good. HK’s TDA really just isn’t great. I think the P30 series shines in LEM if you’re willing to manage that trigger.

If you want a TDA gun that’s a bit larger than a G19, the CZ P07 is a great option. Still polymer framed too.

As always find a range that rents what you’re looking for or find a person will loan you the product you’re looking at so you can test it

Better yet buy both (if it is important to you) And spend time testing them possibly using them in classes or competition.

One should also factor in the availability (and cost) of accessories and one’s willingness to learn the system.

The Beretta has a better trigger and is more shootable. The HK is better (only a slight exaggeration) in every other way.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I went through literally the exact same choice this Spring. I was biased by already being a Beretta fan, but I'd always been interested in the USP and P30 series as well. I ultimately went with the PX4CC because the trigger is way better, I hate doing reloads with an extended mag you have to get out of the way of to drop, and magazine prices.

Holster support (thanks JM) and red dot options (thanks LTT) are very similar. I know you aren't interested in a dot but worth noting.

I've spent a lot of time prior carrying a 92 or a Glock, and a PX4 is as close as it comes to a perfect gun to me- a 92 trigger in a very trim but neutral grip angle Glock. No large pokey controls or beavertail, lightweight. Soft shooting and reliable.

After I got the PX4CC I never carried the 92 and ended up swapping it for a PX4 full size.

I bought a PX4 compact just over a year ago. I am a 92 fan. Very similar features, though takedown is different on the PX4.....as well as the rotating barrel. The only thing I did to the PX4 was to add a "D" mainspring to the pistol. I just got the factory Beretta spring simply because I didn't feel like investing money in multiple springs to see which lowest weight was reliable. That "D" spring made the most difference with the double action pull. An easier pull which aids in keeping the sights aligned on the target.

Personal preference, but I like a manual safety on a pistol. An oops moment can present itself at anytime, no matter what age or familiarity with one's weapon of choice is. That's just me.

The concealed carry model does offer nice upgrades to the PX4 compact. When I bought my PX4 compact, that was my purchase of this model. Now I half-way keep my eye on the prices of the compact carry model. Perhaps one day I will own a second PX4 Storm.

Given your size preference I think the PX4 is a no brainer. With the HK you will be using extended mags which make reloads much slower/pinchier, and you get 2 less rounds. The PX4 is more similar to a 92 in ergos, will probably have a much nicer trigger (assumption on my part, I have no idea what an LTT HK trigger would feel like), and should be more shootable because of the rotating barrel.

> I have pretty big hands and don’t like guns that don’t give me a full grip. Even a g19 is a little short for me unless I add an undercut.

I love my Stormcat (obviously not its real name, but Tomcat, Bobcat, Cougar, Storm?) but have you given the idea of carrying the 92 any thought?

My hands fit G19 and PX4CC perfectly. If I were wider in the fingers I'd want a Centurion sized grip (or, as I've done with one of my PX4 mags, the aluminum mag extension (https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-ac...ine-extension/) which then makes it the same height as the Centurion.

User Tag List